1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I got 98~100 pcd alloys (thats what it says on the cartons), many of our TFI friends have advised me to check the alloys for alignment as the car pulls to the left a lot. Once a service advisor from concorde motors commented that the car is pulling and the tyres are wobbling as well at higher speeds. I have never experienced the wobbling, probably because I am/was carried away by the excitement of speeding. Can some one share if they have similar issues with their cars, if so what have you done to overcome it. I was suggested to get hub centric rings for the alloys. The service advisor has also shown me what he meant by not proper alignment by showing me that the hub and the center hole of the alloys are not aligned. There is an uneven gap all around between these two. He asked me to go to some tyre shop and ask them to make rings from aluminium (I guess he wanted me to get the hub centric rings, am I right about this?) He also said that these rings are not readily available in the market and one has to get it custom made. Please enlighten me. I remember seeing some black rubber rings saying those were order from some where and are hub centric rings. Are they the answer for all my questions? Where can I get/order them? I think that was Royj who posted the pics in this very thread. I am so very confused. Looking for some reliable suggestions/solutions. Thanks in advance.
  2. kiran
    get rings fro metal. rubber is no good. yes the sa was talking about these rings only.
    they are generally available at ashoka wheels. find out. if not tell them to get a set made for you
    these rings are done by those lathe machine people
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Kiran, I got the HubCentric rings on-line. Just get correct dimensions for your alloys center bore and hub (Fiats have a hub diameter of 58.1mm) and order from hub centric rings or 20North.
    They are made of hard plastic and are better as they avoid the problem of corrosion seen with metal rings.
  4. get the rings from asoka wheels.i ll talk to rithesh.refer ma name.he ll do it for u.tell him vignesh from chennai refered.
  5. ABARTH18

ABARTH18 Timido

Goa
    BBS style 98pcd wheels

does anyone know if we get 98pcd BBS style wheels (as in the attachement)

2010_tn_ch_schwarz.jpg
  6. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    not BBS make its HRS make TIWAN...almost similar.....to the BBS style....

HRS - H431.jpg
  7. ABARTH18

ABARTH18 Timido

Goa
    thx stallion u r right...i will chk for the price now...
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    What all things to be kept in mid while buying FIAT Punto original alloys. I am getting Punto alloys from an alloys dealer. He said that someone changed his stock alloys to aftermarket ones and these are brand new. They do look brand new and have no scratch or bends in them... I just want to check for the authenticity of these alloys.

Is there a way to check how many kms the alloys are run? what all things to be kept in mind while buying second hand Punto alloys

Please help.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Congrats Shashank. You found it !!!! How much is the price quoted? I guess you need to upgrade your tyres too. Are the current tyres worn out already?
  10. No one is so intelligent to fake the punto alloys. They are imported from brazil .