1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    I have come across a beautiful set of alloys but with 8 holes x 100 pcd. When I enquired in a couple of Tyre shops they said it would not be a problem for fitment on FIAT as it has 8 holes and the holes would match. I do not mind about the extra 4 holes as that can be blocked with suitable size plugs.
    My brother is getting this from Ludhiana and has a FIAT Palio. I have advised him to take his Palio and physically try it on his car rims before buying it.
    Experts advise on this would be very welcome.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Trying it on a Palio for proper fit would be good enough. If you have vernier calipers, you could measure the actual pcd and be sure.
    Another thing - there won't be any 8x100 PCD, it should be 98~100 PCD 8 holes or 100-114.3 PCD 8 holes. If it is the first one then that will suit, if it is the second then it wouldn't.
  3. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    Thank you very much for this information as I was not aware that even in 8 holes the PCD would differ. I will inform him right away.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Right said by Royj, both the PCD has 8 holes let him check it before going for it, Advised to take the car if possible to clear he doubth.
  5. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    My brother has taken his car and tried the wheel on his Palio and it fits very well. He put on the bolts and shook the wheel. There is no play and it is quite beautiful he said. So he has bought it and would be bringing alongwith him next month when he comes to Kerala.
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Great!, so your wait starts :)
    Pics as soon as you have them on your car.
  7. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    Sure, I will post them as soon as my car gets the new shoes.
  8. Guys, I own a Punto MJD Active variant - Exotica Red. My initial plan was to upgrade to 15" alloys + 195-60 tyres after 20k kms. The problem now is when ever i take out my car to city or highway - people would come near me and inform me that the wheels of my car is coming off :(. I observe this from my rear view mirror and found that the culprit is wheel caps. They are not fitting properly to the rim circumference and as the wheel rolls, it seems like the wheel is wobbling too much :p. I tried to tighten them by using plastic straps - still the issue remains. One time i was doing 140 km/hr and a swift guy was behind me and i thought that he is tempting to race, which i virtually did and did not allow him to overtake. When i pulled over to a hotel, I saw him come shouting at me to inform that he was behind me just to inform that my car wheels are loose and they might come off :x. With all these incidents, i thought of removing the wheel caps, but after doing that i felt that my car has lost his beauty :(. Now i have decided to change the wheels for my car. I live in mysore and i dont mind going to bangalore to change shoes. Guys if you are from bangalore or know where i can get used OE Punto/Linea alloys it would be a great help for me :)

Hope someone from this group helps me out on this issue.
  9. pm me.will let u know abt OE alloys or even aftermarket ones.u can check my car as well.it had OE alloys now has aftermarket ones
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Can i have the + points for changing to alloys and the - points for doing so,
    I am not sure but might think to go for if found worth.