1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. dipys

dipys

Mumbai
    16" or 17" Alloys

Hello Guys, I am trying to upgrade my Linea 1.3MJD Emotion to have 16" or 17" alloys, maybe 205/55 R16. ANy idea where i can get good set in Mumbai. Suggestion/Advice :anyone

Mods Note - Post merged.
    Please keep alloys related queries in this thread.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @dipys, i might b wrong but if u'll upgrade your 1.3MJD to 205/55 R16 then u'll need to remap your ECU also & as your -LINEA- is emotion pk so i'll suggest you not to do anything with your rims as provided rims are good enough
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    One question. I dont have much knowledge about this so can u please let me know why ECU Remap is required in above case.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Kedar
    Max. permissible tyre size of GP is 195-65R-15.
    When you goes for tyre size of 205/55 R16 , surface area as well as rolling resistance will increase.

Because of more rolling resistance,stock figures of power & torque can't pull car as easy on 195-65R-15 tyre.

So after upsizing of tyres, in order to maximise power & torque you have to remap ECU.
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Shouldnt it be : 195-65R-15 ...

Remapping ecu to correct speedo error too !!!!

Dilip
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Dilip
    Thanx for reminding correct rim size.

But in GP , Speedo & RPM meter are realtime electronic. ( When you turn ignition key to MAR position,needle of Speed meter & RPM meter lifts up ) If Iam not a wrong I have not seen this feature in any other hatchback.
    So not necessary to correct Speedo error. Isn't it ?

If GP & Linea is one & only car which has no sppedmeter cable. Citation needed. ::D
  7. [attachment=0:3jcxhilk]DC110109002.jpg[/attachment:3jcxhilk]
  8. Yeah nice picture, you made but fiat/uk /store is selling 16" N 17" alloys for Punto,as an accessories without any instruction of Remaping.What do you say about that.
    I think speedo always has 5-8km ± error.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
  10. dipys

dipys

Mumbai
    A Remap.....Wow....I thought that would be a case of simple tyre change. I have a Palio NV and they come with 13" stock tyres. But i put in 15" 195/55/R15. First the Car looks Gorgeous and The Handling is brilliant(it always was). Ride has suffered but not by much. SO i thought I could do the Same to Linea. Also the Linea Wheel Wells looks very big for the tyre size, so upsizing should have effects like wheels touching or like that....and i have seen pics(i think on this forum) of Punto with 17" wheels