1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Hi Dilip ,

Well these Alloys are washed with Water Extended on Sundays without FAIL, the guy is instructed to clean my Alloys First
    Before he touches any of the body parts of the car seperately with Cleaning solution and infact i have only once opted for
    Tireshine for the tiredressing and grooming my alloys so far they are BRIGHT n WHITE!

Hey if you need those Red lipped Alloys just check my posts and Contact Vicky , refer him my name
    with red/blue lipp conversion and he should offer the Best Deal in terms of shipping+Alloys
    Any issues PM me Buddy

Cheers
    TND

TFI on my RIDE.JPG

2. @ Aniket : Did you get it done from TyreX ?
    Buddy did you also check for what material are those HubRings on your 17inchers ? Reinforced Steel or sumthing ?
    I can only imagine what kind of ground clearence you achieve with 17inchers ::OO

@ ROy : Excellent Post that , it by all means does not reduce 2mm on the PitchCenteric Diameter on those 4 studs to make it 98
    and as per the article . I wonder whats the USP of these rings apart from preventing the bolts/studs to take the car weight upon
    Hard braking or Hard Driving and matching difference in diameter of the Hub on to the alloy wheel

cheers
    TND
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The OE alloy wheel is "Made in Brazil".
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat OE alloys, Made in Brazil, 3 damaged on Kerala roads. Source: My neighbors friend with whom I had a chat, he owns a GP Emotion Pack.
    VW Jetta alloys, Made in Germany?, 2 damaged on Tamil Nadu roads. Source: My relative.
    HR alloys: Made in Taiwan, 1 damaged on Tamil Nadu roads. Source: My relatives(above) friend who tried to help him at 2am.

So my conclusion "Made in" tag is not going to help anyone unless you are careful with your car. And if you are so particular to be careless go for higher profile tires and reduce the risk of broken alloys at midnight. I would recommend a 195/65 R15 overriding the stock 195/60 R15, there is no use keeping a warranty and being stranded on highways in midnight with your family, as it happened to my relative above. When there is a choice of safety and money, safety should always come first.
  5. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Atul/Roy - Good to know that you both liked the rims - I just love them.
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi TNd ,

Thanks for the reply . I am still at the deciding stage , but would disturb you if I finalise on these alloys ..

Dilip
  7. I have put spigot rings in ma car as well.It is no way connected with PCD its only to convert the lug centric Aftermarket wheels to Hub centric as in d case of FIAT.Its a very small ring with the vehicle s hub dia as ID and the wheels bore as OD.any lathe can fabricate this for you.
  8. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    I came across this thread today and really read through the 30 pages in one go...I could gather a lot of knowledge also from this. I own a Linea emotion+ and wish to go for 16" alloys for her (same size as T-Jet). I would appreciate your knowledgeable advise me on the Make & specification & guide me to get the right wheels for my baby.
    Appreciate ur help in this.

Jaikishan

9. Hello Jai ,
    Welcome to the Forum
    Stick to a 6J rim not less infact 6.5 J is still better for 16 inchers same as T-jet with
    205/55 R16 with a 4Hole , Strictly 98 pcd alloys - avoid multipcd holes
    and go for a better quality rubber for dry +wet surfaces and handling on high speeds @ curves

Cheers
    TND
  10. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    Thanx Torquey