1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Arian, You are right. Some of my friend went in for HR and Plati alloys on thier drive. During pothole drives the wheels were either found to be deform/crack. Though very economical (<20K) need to be cautious. Lenso which cost around 25K are good alloys. MSW and OZ racing very good wheels, they are light and strong.OZ racing alloys are used on racing tracks all over the world. I have OZ on my drive and had no problem with pothole during couple of drives from Banaglore to Mangalore even with lower profile tires (205/50 R16). They are pricey (>30K) but peace of mind is what everyone looks for ultimately. However careful you are,even then one will encounter potholes and bumps on roads like the one I encountered in Bangalore last week. It was a huge manhole protruding atleast a feet above road level and for a second me and other occupants in the car were seeing stars.
  2. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Maverick
    For me more than the potholes nd the worry of alloys bending, the concern is the speed breakers rubbing the underbody which all occupants can feel coz of the low profile tyres.

Anup
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I sent one enquiry to Plati for 15" alloy in 98 PCD, see their reply :mrgreen: -

4. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    Ravi , my personal advice would be to stick to OE alloys punto/linea . after market alloys mostly are not up to the mark in quality , offset pcd may be a problem too.
    OE alloys are in the range of 15-18k which is quite decent .
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes even I believe so so trying to get some OE alloy.
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    100 to 98 pcd converter :dance

[attachment=1:16xsgt8m]15122010161.jpg[/attachment:16xsgt8m]

[attachment=0:16xsgt8m]15122010162.jpg[/attachment:16xsgt8m]

15122010161.jpg

15122010162.jpg
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    These are spigot rings for matching the bore of the wheel with that of the hub. This is definitely required where the bore does not match the diameter of the hub.
    It does not alter the PCD which is the center to center distance between two opposite stud holes in the picture.
    Read on.. http://www.nice-wheels.co.uk/pcdandoffset.html
  8. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guys!

I didnt notice this Thread earlier. Cant believe so much of RnD has been done on this Topic.I got alloys for my car of my Choice one week after I bought the Car and without all the Calculations. The only thing is I maintained the same Size and my Original Tyres. I Havent faced any issues as such or I would have definitely sensed it. I touch a cool 165 klms/hours and my car is willing to further without a Shudder or fuss.

Check out the Pic!!The Brand is ATS....

[attachment=0:5315zm84]HPIM0847.JPG[/attachment:5315zm84]

HPIM0847.JPG
  9. Ratan your alloys look kickass ! Red lip looks awesome
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is cool.. I love these 10 spoke designs, and with your experience, I am convinced about its suitability :wink: