1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    In AVA they had some pure 98 pcd too. But the problem is that the choices are really limited. Atleast 98-100 gives you more range to pick from (again in relation to pure 100s its limited). In my case my tyres & rims were almost through with their life. AVA had 2 options of 98 which I didnt like so had to go opt fo 98-100. Asthetically the extra holes dont really hamper the overall looks though I m not sure of the strength part that u mentioned.
  2. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    [attachment=4:3tb5kphp]Picture a.jpg[/attachment:3tb5kphp]
    [attachment=3:3tb5kphp]Picture b.jpg[/attachment:3tb5kphp]
    [attachment=2:3tb5kphp]Picture c.jpg[/attachment:3tb5kphp]
    [attachment=1:3tb5kphp]Picture d.jpg[/attachment:3tb5kphp]
    [attachment=0:3tb5kphp]Picture e.jpg[/attachment:3tb5kphp]

Picture a.jpg

Picture b.jpg

Picture c.jpg

Picture d.jpg

Picture e.jpg
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looking nice.
    How did you put the fiat logo on alloy?
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Torque_tnd ,

Nice choice of alloys .

I have one question for you !!!
    Now , u have used these alloys for around six months , how do u maintain the white color ?
    All the brake dust , dirt etc accumulating on the white would be a tough job to get rid off ???
    You must be getting it cleaned everyday ???

I was looking for white with red lip for my punto !!!!

5. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    removed them from the old wheel caps & pasted on this one. Not sure how long they will stay.
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi arian ,

great choice of alloys , the fiat logog completes the whole look ...

Now somewat resembles to the alloys of tjet .
  7. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Dilip

Actually the FIAT logo is a bit of a mismatch. You cant make out in the pics but if observe closely the alloys are sparkling & new but the logo is a bit faded & lost the gloss...but they are anytime better than having the alloy maufacturers logo on the alloy.
  8. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    The alloys are looking great! which make and model did you buy and the cost pl? would like to fit the same on my Linea too!! Ive seen HR alloys are they good? will it take the monsoon pot hole beating?
  9. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Where in Bangalore can I find 14 inch Alloys for my much awaited Palio SDX?
  10. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Japa
    These are AVA alloys from Handsome. Got them from hyderabad. Cost Rs. 15k for set of 4 (fitting charges not included). Got no idea about HR. On potholes just be extra cautious. I made a mistake by reducing the tyre profile. I suggest if ur changing to alloys either maintain 60 profile tyres or increase to 65 (this may offset some impact). My tyres are 55/205. They look great, the handling is amazing, the ride on flat roads is fabulous. But the car rubs every breaker with more than 2 people. So besides the alloys be careful to choose the right set of tyres. By the way the tyres are MAXXIS. They are much much better & comfortable than goodyears.

Anup