1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. @MELSON

Buddy welcome to the forum sorry for the late input ...
    your concern now wud be stability , now when u say it wobbles at 110 k's i wonder why ?
    now to know if the fitments on the stud and nuts if are 98 pcd - it should not wobble unless if yur car has some chasis or suspension damage.
    you also didnt post how old is the ownership of this car ? what major damages if any has it sustained throughout yur ownership?
    My advise:
    Go to another tyre dealer i think the only reputed one i know , former Tbhp members and owners are Nikhil/Sai Iyengar @ Madhus
    Check the 4 lugs and remove the studs and determine if they are 98 pcd ? if not then get your money back or approach the consumer court!!!
    Evo was quoted to me and upon insistance by other senior pals elsewhere i backed out knowing the buildquality even if they say 98pcd
    Check for the tyre manufacting date on the inner sidewalls of yur exsisting tyre read the "DOT Codes and the 6-year shelf life" here
    http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

Also, ES100 is the tyre which is almost dated with tyrenoise after 3000k , Sdrives is not in that 195 section profile ,
    Goodyear eagle f1 which was superb but now EOL'ed , but Adrive , Cdrive(asymmetric tread) , Cdrive 2 (new version) in yok's
    would have be an ideal upgrade
    I personally feel you got cheated somehow and overpaid.

Technically also check the brakepads and the booster in case if they worn out ...from TASC concord motors is better
    but brother please dont loose that Car !!!

GTX is one hella of a Ride , infact its a Petrol Rocket and a stock 1.6 GTX eats up the T-jet anyday!
    0-100 in 12.01 secs

Drive safe

Cheers
    TND
  2. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    have a Linea active and hunting for original alloy wheels a set of 4.am in chennai ,anyone wants to sell ? I checked with BM lal on whites road and his quote if 16k for a set of 4 and buys back your original steel rims at 400/rim.not a bad deal I thougt any ideas guys? :redcar

3. Hi , Mate
    Please know OEM Fiat alloys are Rs9,900/- each wheel so approx damage will be little less than 40K for set of 4 wheels
    which i think too much spurlging! Obviously you can pick up those quoted @ 16k
    You didnt mention how much does you Odo show on yur MID ???
    If its less than 3000km total i think Rs400 for each steel 5.5 J rim is way too less
    Finalize the deal for the Alloys ! Negotiate for the steel rims for Rs800/- to Rs1000/- for each rim
    Calculate the difference in amount IMO that would ideally be a Sweet Deal to have for yur ride !

I hope this helps

Cheers
    TND
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I think that's a good deal, Because I thought the steel wheels don't fetch a lot.
  5. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    Hi TND,
    thanx for your thoughts.I checked again and BM lal has HIJOIN tiwan make alloys H-131,H-289,and H-352 only these three models and that it for 98 PCD mag wheels,but says 16k is the best offer with 400 per rim buy back.
    Guys think I should go for it? Ive done 1200 kms so far on my MJD linea.

cheers
  6. hmmm... Deal on the alloys are fine
    but i think the tyre dealer is quoting u less for the rims
    i think you should check elsewhere as well for the rims because i think 12ookm is pretty close to new
    or negotiate for upto 600/- for each rim max

TND
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since the OE steel rim price is ~Rs 800, 400 as buy back looks perfect to me.
  8. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Ravi
    thanx.Ive been seeing Maverick wants to sell his OEM alloys.If you are buying it I will opt out of the race.R U? if not I will check with maverick again.his numer turned in saying switched off!!
    so 16k for a set of 98pcd alloys with 400-600 per steel rim is ok? will go ahead if your deal is on.thanks for the input.I noticed that the alloy wheel had 8 bolt holes drillied into it,the chap told me that 4 of em are 98pcd and the oether 4 are 100 pcd.Is that how it is? And what are your views on HiJoin brnad.? dos it compare as good with OEM alloys?

cheers and thanx
  9. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    What happened to the Original Alloys you were getting from Lal's - If you're getting it for 16 I would go with my eyes closed. Other members would concur my thoughts