1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. There are some pics for my cell phone.I will upload some better pics this weekend.

[attachment=1:29qkluid]photo 2.jpg[/attachment:29qkluid]

[attachment=0:29qkluid]photo1.jpg[/attachment:29qkluid]

photo 2.jpg

photo1.jpg
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Thanks buddy for sharing the pics and must say it is looking wow!
  3. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    smashing ! just amazing
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In fact I called up this person on the same day and he said this is the first time he is getting an inquiry. No stocks as such but is expecting some model to be shipped shortly. These are Chinese : http://www.discoverymotoring.com/en/pro ... =98&holes=
    I am not sure how good they are so for the time being staying away from it until I get to see it in real. But then there are many Made in India stuffs which are good, so might be the case with Made in China too.

@maverick123 : How much the OZ alloy costs? Looks great on BNW.
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry for the back to back posts, but didn't want to miss this piece of info regarding the Chinese alloys mentioned above.
    For 15" 16500 was the price he mentioned and if there is a group-order discounts can be expected, looks expensive compared to Neo which is available for 15000.
    Just had a look at the Stamford site http://www.stamfordwheels.com/index.php ... /Passenger.
    They have 98PCD for many designs and they have India in the list of dealerships. Any idea where these dealers are?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice Alloy maverick123.
    From where did you buy it?

7. Well Contact person is Head of SSW sporting wheels for India in Mumbai.

FYI SSW they are not chinese but Thai branded Company.
    they also have a full fledged business plant /holdup in the north bangkok arena
    check here : http://www.stamfordwheels.com/index.php/contact/index/1

I tried a similar setup of sourcing white alloys in strictly 98pcd - 4 lug fitment and
    sadly speaking that moment never came.If you want to source something out of them i am sure
    they do bulk orders and you be lucky if they play race against time.
    I had to wait for 4-5 months and then lost patience and opted elsewhere in the same profile
    Contact Info
    Mr Jaideep- +91 9320281244
    email : jaideep@stamfordtyres.com;ravi@stamfordtyres.com

Regards
    TND
  8. Guys how are my shoes?? Evo 14" multi pcd. Yokahoma ES 100 tires.
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Where are the pics?
  10. Oops srry. Few of you would know me from the thread - "totally confused" about buying 1.4 or 1.2 punto. guys here I am with my old palio again.

The car was almost sold but then for some reason I found after the deal got finalised that it's not easy to give this car away. I was too attached to it and so was my gf. So I decided to keep it.

Now one day I get an off and I decide to put the wheels and tires that day itself without thinking too much, because of night shifts I hardly get time otherwise. So I end up at Hot Tracks, Bangalore. After all the search, there was one evo 14" in stock which catalogue said multi pcd - 98/100. I say fine, as long as there are 98 pcd holes. They fit them with allign keys.
    I specifically wanted 195/60 tires and they had only Yoko ES 100 in stock which they charged 4200 which was a rip off, now i realise in Bangalore those cost jus 3200 or 3500 max.

Now comes the worst part. One day I go to venkatesh's garage - Gowri Fiat, where one more GTX was getting repaired. I put my finger inside the 98 pcd original Fiat alloy hole (with wheel removed out of the car), the finger doesn't pass, then I try it with my 98 pcd stuff it passes infact I found 98 and 100 had no difference. That GTX fellow said if ur car wobbles at 110+ then these are 100 pcd otherwise they are 98.

Nice road, Bangalore, me and my friend's Corsa 1.4. I don't know how but I reached 130 - 140 smoothly without any wobbling, I ended up touching 157 on my 1.2 Palio with little rattling noises from the window, not sure if the tires wobbled. couldn't make out because of the speed and wobbling was very negligible at 150+.

Now the tires, these hot track guys have ripped me off by charging 4200 for one piece and now I come to know that these are outdated model. They said Grip is superb and all that crap. But now dry roads are k but wet roads are bad I guess (2 times skid on dry roads itself dude to instant braking). Braking of the car has reduced tremendously, I get sccared to drive fast sometimes in city say even 50 or 60 speedsometimes. I could have gone for yoko S drives if hot track guys wouldn't have misled. They look a lot Grippier and good too.

guys any comments and advice are most welcomed as I am kinda new to all this even if I know few things.

[attachment=4:3g1ehoax]11112010645.jpg[/attachment:3g1ehoax]
    [attachment=3:3g1ehoax]11112010646.jpg[/attachment:3g1ehoax]
    [attachment=2:3g1ehoax]11112010647.jpg[/attachment:3g1ehoax]
    [attachment=1:3g1ehoax]11112010651.jpg[/attachment:3g1ehoax]
    [attachment=0:3g1ehoax]11112010653.jpg[/attachment:3g1ehoax]

11112010645.jpg

11112010646.jpg

11112010647.jpg

11112010651.jpg

11112010653.jpg