1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
  2. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    H325 looks better , Sandeep has used the same in his car, there is no real benefit to shifting to 15 inch, its better you stick with 14 inch and use your old tires.
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Could not hold longer. Finally got 15" Alloys on my Red Grandeur with Potenza G3 195/60/15.

I was bit hesitant about Potenza G3, regarding the noise issue; which I didn't felt later. The tyre noise level in the cabin has gone down drastically all I could hear was the Engine sound, ride and handling has also improved a lot.

Will share my experience with Potenza G3, as I drive more.

Here's few pics.

[attachment=2:xwakrml3]DSCN0789.JPG[/attachment:xwakrml3]

[attachment=1:xwakrml3]DSCN0792.JPG[/attachment:xwakrml3]

[attachment=0:xwakrml3]DSCN0794.JPG[/attachment:xwakrml3]

DSCN0789.JPG

DSCN0792.JPG

DSCN0794.JPG
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great, so you have put Linea alloy. Looking good. Please share some nice angled pictures.

Why you went for Potenza?? It is very old model from Bridgestone and has removed from all over world except India. Anyway, this is nice tyre and life is pretty long.
    Happy motoring.
  5. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Grandeur
    Like I mentioned in one of the posts I got new set of alloys from hyderabad (handsome brand) & MAXXIS tyres. But now Im searching for a shop in mumbai which can do a good job of mounting the tyres on alloys, fixing it to the car & aligning. The tyre shops i spoke to are not ready to do this for me since the tyres are not purchased from them. Can you tell me from where did you get your tyres fixed and also if they will do this if I get own set of tyres

Anup
  6. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Buddy, I had to choose from Bridgestone or Michelin (cause my friend deals only in these brands and he would have never liked it if I had gone to some other brand. Sometime, we need to get partial ::V ) So I opted for Potenza G3. Will post some good pics soon.

Pardon me, I really have no idea about any such shop in Mumbai. I'm not sure if it would be convenient for your to come down here till Kharghar. I have been visiting this garage since 4 years and I can rely and recommend this guy to all my friends. All my cars 800, Indica including Punto as well has service record in that garage. (For Punto Alignment and balancing, so far)

I bought the tyres yesterday (from friends shop) and the wheel balancing and alignment was free, but the person who does this job was not that experienced as the person I knew at Kharghar. I got it all re-done from him today morning and I could feel the difference in the job done by the tyre shop and the work done by him.

It's just a suggestion, plan it as per your convenience. BTW where are you located in Mumbai? I'm sure other member from Mumbai can suggest you some other garage as well.

Cheers!
  7. What Arvind (arishi) meant was....
    you can cash in the 16 inchers of the Linea T-jet varaint which also is in 98 pcd FIAT Fitment
    depending upon the asthetics or looks if you want a Robust Drive. In my opinion a
    195 section tyre is more than just for a ride like Punto , somehow the 16 inchers of a Linea Multispoke
    does hinder the sportier profile of a punto ...if you want looks stick to a 5 spoke alloy version with
    set of 4 hole on the Hub instead of a Multipcd wheel

My 2 Cents
    TND
  8. YEs...
    These are copy of Lenso - Samuria which was in turn available with the my tyre dealer in matt black
    my guess is they were 24k for a set of 4 in 98 pcd back in July

TND

9. Congrats Sandy ,

So your pickings are of the Classic Looks on Bold Ride ...in others words from a
    Regular GRANDEUR to a CLASSIC GRANDEUR

Great , let us know how much did you pay for all of those ? (set of 4 or 5) and what was the overall Damage for
    the Classic Upgrade

Regards
    TND

10. YOu have Got Mail ::T

TND