1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Hub rings are available at select priority outlets , i have had an option for
    Lenso's 08 with slightly neg offset but it was available with a 100 pcd to go with
    those custom Hub centric rings.

Most Dealers are positive, no wobbles ...above 100 ks

My personal opinion is otherwise ...Sticking to stock pcd bolts and studs are the safest

Cheers
    TND
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

3. IMO , Fink after some googling gotta find out that all those Euro models (1st gen models) which was earlier named as the Punto the first breeder came with the 100 pcd wheel studs as STOCK!

Later on .. Fiat had those Variants classified amongst FIRE & MJD's 1.2 , 1.4 , 1.3 , Tjet
    also claimed out to be the new gen cars from them with proclaims as the GRANDE PUNTO
    (3door & 5 door hatch avail in EURO)

India still claims to have the new gen series with the 90 bhp has just launched amongst
    siblings with 98 pcd , 1.2 ,1.4 , 1.3 variants

You can anyways drop in an email to FIAT , to have full confirmation
    Find the Distribution List here http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9

cheers
    TND
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok so I believe many have already done this inquiry and it is 98. So now what is a the feasibility of getting a customized alloy? Has someone tried this or did some research on this. I have a pattern in my mind and I want it in 98PCD, will it work? ::OO I dream too much :lol:

5. Well ....
    Dreaming aint bad ...point is if you live up to that dream ...
    You should be the happiest person in the world

IMO , getting a custom fit / retro fit alloy design is far further to make it
    practical hindside you may contact some know fabricators or modders for the same
    in your city ...maybe google it up... i think if you in Bangalore you can get hold
    of Methods Automotive to know more.

I have a dealer in mumbai , who has set of Lenso's in 98 (hopefully)
    some time back. Everything boils down to the set of choices you make for your
    drive.

cheers
    TND
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday I met my neighbors friend who owns an GP EPk with Neo alloys. After talking to him I found that he damaged his 3 original alloys on separate occasions and did not want to spend 12k (I thought it was 10k) on each of them. Just to give an idea of the driving conditions, he drives his car from Trivandrum to Cochin on weekends and the NH 47 is in such a pathetic state that only the SUVs and KSRTC buses can survive. Last week on my drive to Cochin I could see 2 puntured cars (Sumo and WagorR) near a place called Thottapalli and a broken Alto for which I feel it broke the lower arm. :A . So considering that this guy was driving in the worst available NH in India I feel the profile of the EPk Goodyears should be more that whats being offered.

All 14"-ers can stick to 14" and upsize to 195 65/14 instead of reducing the profile and upgrading to the 15"-ers and taking the risk of entering the Kerala roads :A .
  7. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Pran, customizing the tyre size configuration other than the offered ones by FIAT will void the warranty...
    they just want a reason to not to give you a warranty claim...

And to fit 195 profile tyres you need a rim with 6J size. (to face no operational issues at all)
    IMO all other 14" stock rims on the punto from Active - Emotion are 5.5J ???
    pressed steel & alloy on the Linea 15" are 6J (including spare & the alloys of Punto Emotion Pk - 6J 15")
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hey dude,

could you plz suggest me the options what i can have for my emotion punto.am very particular with 98*4 pcd.please help me out??my tyres are 15'inches.i had a word with a tyre dealer as well as he said that i would not get much pf varieties in 98 pcd size.so am in dilemma wat to do!!!!!!!

varooooooooooonnn
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

10. Have you tried, the Sai Mag wheel shop, I believe is located near Najafgarh Industrial area, seems they have huge collection of 98 PCD alloys.