1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

90 HP Red Rum

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by dharibaba, Jun 16, 2013.

1. dharibaba

dharibaba

Gurgaon
    Thanks buddy.

yes .. only I know how much I hate myself when I see those light swirls marks on my car. Will get those removed using professional help but wont go for polishing as the car is just 3 months old.

I did one more mistake, I did not went for mud flaps which was a mistake as it was rainy season and the car needed cleaning everyday because of not having the mud flaps. In hindsight, i think having mudflaps would have been better.
  2. 3 months old or just out of showroom, car needs polish. I got my punto OPTI COATED just 1 week after buying it. That coating alone costed 8000. I use water less wash liquid every week along wit jopasu duster and shampoo wash the car once a month. Opti coat is a ceramic coating ( more like a second clear coat) and it sustains majority of the swirls no matter how much i wash it. Many think that because the car is new, polish and detailing is not needed but its a very wrong misconception. New car is like a new born baby. U need to take care of the baby's skin right from birth. Not after it gets old.
    mud flaps are also not of much use because even after installing them, i still have mud thrown all over the front door. The design of the mud guards is not for the 195 section tyres.
  3. dharibaba

dharibaba

Gurgaon
    GPS

It's currently raining in Gurgaon. Will get the paint protection done once I get the clear sunshine. Let me protect the paint as much as possible from now on. Asked the daily guy to shampoo once a week now. Also got the mudflaps now. It definitely helps in keeping the car clean.

I need help in deciding the GPS Navigator for the car. Got super confused between the Garmin and Map my India (visited treads on team-bhp and teamfiat). Garmin is selling nuvi215 with preloaded MMI maps v 7.1 for 6400 odd on snapdeal. On other hand, L140WS from MMI with latest maps is also costing same around 6400. I went to nuvi215 on Garmin retailer in Lajpat nagar and it seems he has no idea of Nuvi 215. Called Reliance Autozone in Ambiance Mall in Gurgaon, they told me that they will call back after checking but no call from them. On other hand, if I get the nuvi52, i get the lifetime map updates which is lacking in MMI with possibly some trade off in maps quality.

Has anyone went through the same phase? Kindly let me know.

Thanks team
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. dharibaba

dharibaba

Gurgaon
    Cost effective way to improve sound quality

Dear All,

My car completed 3K kms recently. Not able to drive much in recent time :-(. First service time approaching. Currently getting 18kmpl average.

Is there is any cost effective way to improve the sound quality without investing much. I don't want to spend 10K - 20K as some of the members have done currently, maybe 2 years down the line, but not now if there is any way to improve quality of sound in less than 3K-4K at the most.

Also does any one know about good quality phone holder like a GPS holder. I was earlier planning to buy a GPS but now considering to buy a mobile which will be used to work as GPS also.

Please let me know.

Regards
    Dharibaba

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also there is noise from left back side of the car over irregular roads. Not sure what it is. Any ideas guys?
  5. dharibaba

dharibaba

Gurgaon
    Nearing 1 year with the car. Done 10,000 Kilometers. Not much. Excellent Highway Dynamics. This car is not made for our crawling cities.

Had share of scratches on my Red Rum. Nothing major. Got second service from Kashyap in Noida.

It costs me 6300 Rs with 800 Rs for a right back reflector and 400 Rs for tyre rotation as additions to the mandatory part.

Currently giving me mileage of around 18 in Gurgaon in light traffic.

- - - Merged Post - - -

No noise .. no rattle till now (touchwood). Max speed i touched is 180. Twice. Once on Jodhpur Jaipur highway and other on the Yamuna expressway.

On my delhi agra trip ... one side I did in 120+ speed which frequent touches to 140+. Return maintained around 100 kmph. Got average efficiency of 20 kmpl.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The noise from the back side was due to the back reflector. The reflector assembly finally got loose post hit by an auto and the noise disappeared.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Incidents in second service.

One think certainly not to my liking: the inside light assembly in front of car .. somehow become loose from front. I don't know what these Kashyap guys did to it.

2nd which I only have doubt ... can they change the gear nob. I dont know but the gear nob looks old to me post service. Any clues.
  6. dharibaba

dharibaba

Gurgaon
    See on the cabin light .. the gap now in front .. and the condition on the gear nob.

What should I do.. is the condition of the cabin light in which it is loose now from front is covered in the waranttee and is the quality of the gear nob is so bad that is looks 5 years old in one year.

IMG-20140612-01102.jpg IMG-20140612-01104.jpg
  7. dharibaba

dharibaba

Gurgaon
    Regarding the Gear Nob ... it was majorly dust on the now which filled in small pores of the nob. Will get is cleaned and polished.
    I read it somewhere ... that fiat brings the extreme emotions in you. My earlier reaction was part of it.

But please anyone let me know if the now loose cabin light will be repaired under warranty.

I renewed my Insurance with FG. They offered highest IDV of 6.2 lakhs with Zerodep and consumables for 17,000 Rs.

Tata AIG was costing 20 K for IDV of 5.8 Lakhs.

Bajaj Alliance gave a competitive quote, but suddenly when I got the final quote, the figures were escalated for Zero Dep. I complained to them that it was not as per discussion over email but got no reply.

Thanks buddies for helping me out with Insurance. I will post these details on the Insurance page also.