1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

90 HP Evo or Avvy?? .. Booked 90HP Evo

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Joe_Gunner, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    No, not much. I have driven it extensively in Ghat sections at good speed. My family members have stopped taking motion sickness pills after we bought the Avventura.
    This is also resolved forever due to new improved lock & the mechanism,
    In my case they have replaced the lock, the mechanism responsible for rattling, all under warranty, they haven't charged me a single paisa.

@Joe_Gunner, if possibility of sabotage is low if parked outside, go for Avventura.

If the road surface & it's routine maintenance (of the road) is good or bad, go for Evo. If the road surface conditions are bad to worst, go for Avventura.
    Anyways, do you like to slow down too much on the speed breakers?
    And approximately how many speed breakers are there on your route?
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Guys
    Thanks for the inputs.
    I have test driven both extensively, Infact I am going for another round of test drives to firm up my decision.
    My only concern is the parking and not the cost.
    Driving Avvy was a breeze but Evo was not far behind. Chennai roads are decent I guess .. Both the siblings should gazump it.
    I liked the all black interiors better in Evo.
    I am planning for Magnesia Grey if its Evo or Minimal Grey in case of Avvy.
    Punto Abarth bookings have opened.
    Oh well I need a diesel, otherwise I would have booked it eyes closed. Matte Grey with Orange Decals is the Killer!!
    prabhjot and abhinav_nani like this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I pick evo 90hp. GC of evo is more than enough for Indian roads. All black interior on evo gives more sportier feel. Where as avvy's interior color is messed up due to 2-3 color combination. Inclinometer makes no sense in daily routine unless u do a off-road adventure. And avvy is not a suv for off-road . its a CUV. Parking an avvy is a real headache in tight space . spare wheel mount on rear is purely for look purpose and boot door opening is impractical to use. So its a 90hp evo for me :)
    Turbothinghy and bharath like this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Deepak when are you getting your Fiat ?? :smuggrin:
    Deepak likes this.
  5. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I am planning for this month.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well that question was for @Deepak . Sorry for the confusion ;).

But anyways, after driving my Evo 90 HP for the last 5 months, I can say that its one hell of the car, and it's city performance is quite under-estimated. It adapts so beautifully to your driving style. I drive with a heavy foot and dont feel any lag in city.

Avvy has a better road presence, better looking alloys, lower profile tyres, a SUVish suspension (even though I feel 185 mm of GC of 90 HP is more than enough), and of course the looks. The rear spare wheel mount is impractical, which can create parking problems, even though it adds to the oomph factor of Avvy.

Avvy drives better in city, but at the cost of a punchier mid-range that 90 HP Evo offers.
  7. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks for the inputs .. Its a serious conundrum ..
    During my morning commute, I am obsessed about Evo and in the return trip .. its all avvy or vice versa.
    Its a dilemma, too good to have.
    I guess .. my choice is going to be impulsive and I am not going to regret it.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : there is a story behind me still being a fiat enthusiast. neither i was a car freak nor a big fan of GP . but all of it changed when fiat launched Evo, Evo looks stunning . Then i came to know about this fantastic fiat site and and it did not take much time to become a fiat fanboy. :) I own an i10 and looking for an upgrade by this year end. i have my eyes on those mighty 145 horses if it comes in my budget or else the usual 90 horses. after my research on cars for over 1.5 years i dont wanna buy a car apart from a fiat. one of my friend has booked a swift diesel. i literally dumped all my gyaan of fiat cars on him and he owns a fiat now. feeling proud and happy :)
    hopefully i own a fiat before this year end :)
    Amit Rox, pabhishek, Tornado and 5 others like this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Deepak

Why do you feel the Avventura's rear, spare-wheel mechanism is impractical? Far from it, IF, that is, one wants the stylistic, tasteful(?) flourish it adds:

(a) the spare-wheel on the hatch door, like in the Ecosport, is a guarantee of insoluble rattles from the hatch. The Avventura's mechanism makes much more sense, then. Which is why the previous generation Mercedes M-classe suv had it, as did the VW Touareg, as does a brand-new Brazilian-market SUV from GM/Chevrolet.....

(b) removing the spare wheel or lifting it back up (after a puncture-induced tyre swap) is far easier, in the relevant sense not of the number of locks but more relevantly the sheer weight and effort required, than having to lift it out of/into the boot of the hatch.

The initial batch of Avventura's, like @Tornado 's, had a deficient lock-mechanism that would cause rattles and/or jamming, but that issue has since been resolved on the newer Avventura's, apparently.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot : i like Avvy's boot design. full 100 marks :) but to open the door, u need to press the button bring the spare wheel aside (make sure there is enough space for the swing) and then open the door. IMO this is difficult in tight spaces and if you happen to have luggage in your hand.
    Minus these drawbacks, Yes Avvy's has got one of the best look.
    prabhjot likes this.