1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

90 HP Evo or Avvy?? .. Booked 90HP Evo

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Joe_Gunner, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello Fiat Enthusiasts:

I am stuck whether to go for 90 HP Punto Evo or the Avvy? After test driving various cars and following numerous threads in several portals, I have zeroed on the 90 HP twins. Passion of this forum was a really convincing factor.
    Following are my requirements:
    I drive a Hyundai petrol sedan, I have moved to a new office which requires a daily commute of 60 kms. 1.3MJD it is. My car park can house a evo but not an avvy due to dimensional constraints. My apartments is in the end of a blind alley so safety is not an issue. My sedan is parked on the streets for the past 5 years. My office has open air parking only. :banghead::banghead:
    So I am not sure whether to consider this as a parameter and rule out Avvy.
    I like Avvy a lot, it gave me immense pleasure during the test drive but practically Evo makes more sense.
    I am not sure whether to go with my heart or head??
    Friends, kindly advise.
    prabhjot and bharath like this.
  2. Salil_The Red Devil

Salil_The Red Devil Timido

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Obviously the Avvy :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Go for your heart...discounts are on avvy equivalent to evo 90 hp...avvy has better gear ratios too...but only issue it has the body roll and rear rattling of spare wheel mouting..
    Still u will never regret picking from any of those two :happy:
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Joe_Gunner, aren't the people on this forum known to go with their heart than heads in buying a Fiat. ;) Yours is within the same Fiat family though. Go with Avvy as that's where your heart is. I am sure you would be able to figure out the parking issue in your apartment complex, there would definitely be some way. Make way for the Avvy [not Ciaz]. ;)
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  5. Rama

Rama Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3
    @Joe_Gunner Go with Avventura as punto evo is based on Avvy design. With more GC and wider tyres, Avvy is just awesome !!
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

What a dilemma mate? Its like asking whether i like my eyes better or my ears? Hell both are equally important.

Seriously both are Fiat vehicles, buy the one which appeals to you the most. I hope you must have test drive the Evo and the Avvy, what's your gut feeling? The only thing which can affect your decision is the cost and your parking space. Avvy is costlier than Evo but has a better road presence. Dynamics in both the cars is the same. Avvy might be a little more to maintain owing to the spare wheel outside and its mechanics.

Flip a coin and decide. Hope you don't have that Sholay coin and it does not flip of any side making your decision even more difficult,
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Unless you want the additional 20 mm ground clearance, the Punto Evo 90 HP makes sense. Test drive both and make a choice.
    Tornado and ghodlur like this.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

After buying Evo ,everytime you see an Avvy on the roads ,you are going to sigh at it for sure :p!

Its better to marry the one whom you like and enjoy your life :cigar:.
    Tornado, Pradeepms and asimpleson like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    With Avvy you can be better covered for potholes and bumps than with EVO, a slight but definite edge, and very prominent on bad roads. The boot door mechanism is something you will learn to adapt to or work your way around it. The real problem is parking at your residence. So if it is manageable somehow, do go for Avvy. Or if too difficult, Punto Evo has a lot to offer too. The smaller GC comes with immense handling benefits of its own.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    That's Go For Avventura.