1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

90,000 pre service query

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by mohdshea, Jan 3, 2016.

1. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Guys,
    My car Linea 1.3 is currently at 87k on oddo, 5yrs 4month old. Had done previous regular service at 80k 6month back from FASS Daiwik Fiat, Malappuram. 60k major service done at 52k done from Daiwik. Engine overhaul, half engine and turbo replacement done at 62k from Daiwik itself. Service quality were most of the time below expectations. Last month when I was doing my regular wheel alignment from outside, as there was increased tyre wear due to error in camber and caster values, the operator at the alignment shop gave me the print out and asked me to consult at FASS.
    I consulted at Daiwik Fiat and after inspection they said after changing lower arm of one side and by loosening something and later pulling and tightening of something of the suspension the problem can be rectified.
    I asked them again and again if they were sure the problem can be corrected and they were positive on this. Corrections were done, I paid the bill and took delivery. On the very first drive itself I was in doubt. Went to another alignment shop to rule out any bias and the results were shocking. Nothing is changed. I called Daiwik Fiat back and when I questioned them, they were ready to refund the alignment bill !!!
    Anyway in short that incident was the last nail on the coffin. Next authorized service center is more than 100kms away.
    So I decided to do my next service at 90k at a local Bosch garage. The head of this garage Mr Appu is an old trustworthy mechanic from our place. When I consulted him, he said he is having all filters and other stuff required for servicing Linea.
    But still, I ordered diesel filter with sensor, oil filter, air filter and pollen filter from 99rpm.
    I am confused regarding the oil to be used. I was going for Mobil 1 0w40 fully synthetic oil which is available at 99rpm for 3500 for 4L. There was also Mobil delvac 1 5w40 5L one available for 4000 at 99rpm. When I enquired at their customer support they suggested the second one delvac!!
    Please help me choose the best oil.
    Thanking you all in advance.
  2. car_champ

car_champ Timido

Pune
    @mohdshea in many forums the feedback is that Mobil Delvac is the best diesel engine oil so I think you should go for it. My car is in warranty to FASS puts in Selenia.
  3. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @car_champ yes you are right. I am also presently more inclined to delvac. All this anxiety and curiosity because this is the first time I am servicing from outside.
    This delvac 5w40 is not shown in Mobil Indian site. Trusting 99rpm blindly and praying its not fake.
  4. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    @mohdshea One question: You said turbo and half engine replaced/overhauled at 62k? You look like someone who serviced the car at regular intervals, but then how come the engine overhaul and turbo replacement so early at 62k? What intervals you changed oil till date? Is it 15k or 7.5k intervals? Have you used complete synthetic engine oil till now? or Selenia which is provided by Fiat?

My car has done 115k kms and still running. I used Delvac one fully synthetic, earlier from 45k kms till 103k kms. This oil surely gives more output and protects the engine, but it is a bit more noisy at idling speeds. When u rev hard, you notice a nice engine grunt. With Selenia - it is like some grease inside and u will never notice anything happening outside. Synthetic oils flow rate is better, and that could be the reason for the additional noise. You will feel that the turbo lag has been minimized with Mobil Delvac one.

Please let me know your inputs. Thanks.
  5. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @RCP yes, I used to service my car regularly from FASS only at before prescribed intervals. My 60k major service was done at 52k, which included timing chain replacement. That itself shows I had done all services before time.

It's very frustrating, each time slme body sees my car's history, I had to prove I have taken care of her perfectly and I had not skipped any services. :stop::(
    Still why this happened to me? I don't know my friend!!
    Till this moment all services were done from authorized centers only, so I suppose it's selinea which Fiat recommends.

Thank you very much for your valuable input. :happy:. Ordered Mobil delvac 1 5w40 5l from 99rpm just now.

Presently my car is in good shape right now and want to see it like that for longer. So decided to ditch Daiwik Fiat for time being. Don't trust them anymore.
  6. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Is it necessary to buy this cock with the fuel liter? Had never seen such a thing changed while doing service from FASS.
    Image from 99rpm

diesel_filter_1.3mjd_90ps_punto_linea.jpg