1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

7800 Kms review of my Gorgeous Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vaibhavc, Apr 6, 2013.

1. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Hi all,
    Updating the performance my my Linea 1.3 MJD. First general checkup was on April 27th. The car was exact 4999 kms at the door of Auto Industries, Fatorda, Margao. The cabin bulb had gone off. so got it replaced. paid Rs. 72/- (includes vat of Rs.8/-). The dealer charged another Rs. 668/- for some 3M spray on the battery terminals and other places (as told by the SA). I could see some blue colour on the battery terminals and some wires as well. Now as the service adviser had not briefed me about this payment i expressed my displeasure about it not being told to me at the time of keeping the vehicle for check-up. Washing was good but overall i did not give good rating for the servicing because of the charges for 3M. My cousin who had accompanied me said that even petroleum jelly would have done the job instead of the 3M spray, though i was not very keen on that. My only complain was that i should have been told about it. the panel gaps of the boot were not equal on both the sides. The SA said the alignment of the boot has gone bad. The gap was reduced after the servicing, though the gap is still not the same on both the sides. The SA promised that next time whenever you are around the problem would be rectified. I also did not rub in much.

Ok now coming on to the overall performance of the vehicle.

The car has been driven 7800 kms till date.
    * Maintaining tuscan wine colour is fairly difficult. There are already some visible scratches near the door handles and on the edges of the door. on the edges white spots are also fairly visible. I have not dared to scratch them to find if the paint has peeled off or it is some outside deposit. The chances of the paint coming off seems to be high. Besides some buri nazar wale have made some delibrate scratches on the boot cover (not deep though).
    * Driving the car is very comfortable. Single day driving of 600 plus kms was just a cake walk. I have few things to add though. The car at times feels sluggish, especially on uphills (and there are quite a few in Goa). If the momentum is lost on the uphills in traffic then pulling it off becomes little tight. But i feel its about the driving style also. I have got used to it now and don't feel such situation as awkward as in the beginning. The clutch and the brakes are a bit too high i felt (used to it now). The springs on the clutch and the brake make a little noise i felt which is annoying at times. I tried looking at those springs and attachments. it looks like some sort of play in the attachments. Not sure if similar issues are in other car. I also have a zen and i feel in Zen also similar issues are there. i thought the modern cars (compred to my 2003 model zen) should be more refined on these aspect. having said all that its really not that much of a serious issue. its just a minor niggle which can be overlooked. But then why even such niggles should be there.
    One more important observation is about the cabin rear view mirror. I feel its too low and while taking left turns on ghat sections and even on single lane roads its a hindrance. I don't know if anyone here on this forum has written about it (at least i did not read). The mirror is little low in position. Otherwise the visibility is very good.

I feel the interior of the car is ok. Nothing great to write about and not that bad also. The knob of AC is too flimsy. AC performance is good though!
    As for others the adjusting the steering position and the seat placing is little tricky but i have managed to solve the problem by considering my knee position touching the central console as a clue.
    As said in my previous posts sound system is not that great.
    The driver information system is fine (display should be improved i feel).
    The car is returning me an average of above 20 kms/litre. On some occasions i have got the average 25kms/litre, which by all means is pretty good i feel :D. One thing i have realised is that its important to be in right gear at a given speed. There is no point in going to higher gears at lower speeds, it doesn't improve the fuel efficiency. In my zen i am used to putting in 5th gear at 45 kms/hr, but now realises that it doesnt necessaily improve mileage.
    Braking is good. No problem what so ever.
    These days on the hump some funny sound is coming. I am not sure if it because of the things which are in the boot or its the springs at the rear or the shock absorbers. Need to find out soon.

Otherwise the handling of the car is just superb. Cornering at high speeds is the best part. You feel very confident driving the car on the curves.
    The engine is very smooth, no sound. I felt my zen makes more sound than this one. (petrol zen). Its more like a cruiser. The steering response is just too good to write about. One needs to enjoy its drive. Keeping all the small small niggles apart the car is just superb to drive. I felt it grows on you. As you drive more and more of this car more you enjoy the ride of it.

So overall The car is definitely not zippy but its a balanced car i felt. As some one said "its not a race keep some space". I would like to add "Its not a race keep proper pace along with space".
    Three cheers for the Linea MJD "the beauty with brains".

Till the next post happy driving and yes safe too! don't forget "Its not a race keep proper pace... along with space".
    4 people like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting the Linea home. Enjoy many more happy miles with the Linea and let the tribe grow.

Do post a few pics of the car.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    The position of the rearview mirror is a big hindrance. It is OK for high speed/highways but in crowded city driving or narrow lanes or ghats it is tough.
    If I place the navigation in the front windshield, situation worsens.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    come on.now dont pop-up this new kind off problem... adjust your seat height accordingly.its a matter of habbit.
    This is a new problem reported in TFI.
  5. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats Vibhav. Njoy driving.
  6. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    I just posted my observation. I do feel even if the seat is adjusted it would affect the view. The active model which i drive do not have seat adjustment facility but i feel for a taller person it should definitely affect. I am of average height so if i am having a bit of problem then taller people would definitely have.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on your Linea MJD. Wish you lakhs of happy miles with your Linea. :)
  8. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Thanks ramjn.
  9. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Hi all,
    can anyone tell me how early can the first 15000 kms servicing be done? I have done 10500 + Kms now. When at the earliest can i go for servicing? also is the Marvelous Mtors at Kolhapur an exclusive fiat service station? Any feedback about the service there? I was planning to go to Kolhapur for the servicing.
    Please help.
    [h=2][/h]
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Congrats for your beauty :up Are you facing any issue that warrants early first service? If not, get it done as per the recommended 15k kms.