1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

76HP Grande Punto Sports- The Making....

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by BoseSuman, Aug 5, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

is it a direct fit without any modifications?
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks. AC vent are just for look, for made it functional one AC pipe need to be adjusted. It is required to open one AC vent under seat and need to adjust, it will cost near 4000.00. so dropped that idea.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Thanks Varun, I used to check Team-Bhp for travelogues, I have seen Hemant's 2 Abarth, its look damn good. I will surely check this idea.

Chrome strip from outside I will get normal plastic strip, here strips are made of complete steel, so I opted for the same. I wanted original one from Fiat to see as brand new sports punto designed in FIAT. Ouside I can do lots of customization, but here Fiat has given pictorial guide to add this accessories.

For 3D Kagu mat I checked with Kagu dealer in Hyd. they quoted 5500. When I went in 3M showroom I have seen a Brand new SUV from Mercedes came for 3M film installation. It has Kagu mat. Kagu looks beautiful but not functional as this 3M Mat. You can cut it as per your requirement. I used this for 1 week for test and then I opted for this Mat. I know this mat don't have beautiful look but very functional in wet/Rainy condition.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Shams, Linea strips are perfect fit in 2 front Door & Pillar. But in rear door linea strips are little longer, I had to cut it and add it. There is small cut mark in Strip but negligible.

You will amazed by reading below mail:- Hats off to Fiat for listening my suggestion. They will do it or not that is different story. But they have responded with positive answer. I don't think any other company will do this.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM
    Subject: FW: Fiat Grande Punto Door Weather Strip same as Linea
    To: "general.suman@gmail.com" <general.suman@gmail.com>

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the communication and query raised.
    We regret to inform you that at present we do not have the accessory for current Punto but I am hereby forwarding this suggestion to our respective department for understanding.
    Do let us know if any assistance required in future, we shall be happy to help.
    Till then Happy Motoring,

With warm regards,

Ashish Bhattacharya,

Customer Services,

Fiat India Automobiles Ltd,

B 19, Ranjangaon MIDC,

Pune - 412210.

Phone No.- +91 2138 672763.

E-mail :- service@fiapl.com

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 11:27 PM
    To: Mangesh Kodalkar
    Subject: Fiat Grande Punto Door Weather Strip same as Linea

Dear Mangesh,
    Myself Suman from Hyderabad. I have Fiat Grande Punto Emotion Pack Model (2010).
    I wish if you can provide me some details of Steel Weather Strip for Punto Door same as Linea.
    I have tried to use Linea's weather Strip and It was perfectly fitted in 2 Front door & Piller, But it is not same for rear door as the length are long in linea and punto has different design in rear.

I hoped that Fiat would provide the steel weather strip in Punto for sports model. I am hoping that Fiat will provide the same in near future.
    To make the looks beautiful, I wish to have Punto rear door steel weather strip. I know that currently Fiat is not providing for Punto, Can you please help me and update me with details.

Thanks in Advance.
    Thanks & Regards
    Suman Bose
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Punter's

Nai Dilli
    Great mods Suman. Hats off to you and to your passion. I think, you should go for the functioning of rear AC vent. It will increase the comfort for the people sitting at the back and Rs.4K is not much after seeing your expenditure so far on mods. Think about it...
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Thanks Punter's. I am not sure if they can perfectly do this job. If they can do this without messing, I will do it surely. Not sure about Linea's adjustment, need to check the design if there is a provision in Punto's Design same as Linea, . TFI friend's need your help for this confirmation.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

where did you get these vents from? does this come as a part of the armrest console itself from fiat ?
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Theblack, This assembly comes as linea parts and has separate part number. You have to order whole assembly from fiat as these are same Linea parts.
  7. Hey suman can you write the parts number,as I am very inclined on this armrest idea,and this is what I am considering.Btw,how is the fit-n-finish,is there any problem with the handbrake?for installing did they drill any holes?
  8. kvmoorthy

Hi Suman,

Congrats on your modifications. I would recommend to get the rear vent operational. I had enquired the same with Fiat and they said it is possible to get it operational without problems. Dude did you get have sought out an alternate for the so called bottle holder.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Arnab, You can directly go to spare parts section of workshop and ask them you need linea Armrest assembly with AirCon Vent. They will provide you if they have stock, else ask them to place an order for the same. they will do it and follow up with them. No Problem with Handbrake, you can use it easily. Fit & Finish are perfect, no drill required, they will remove cup holder & add arm rest holder on same screw by unscrewing this. It's a perfect fit.
    For my case, only Air Con Vent was not in stock, they placed the order immediately. I will provide you the same after checking the bill. But they should have this part no as this are used as spare parts.

My 100th Post in this forum... :p

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Thanks KVMoorthy, I will check this possibility. Yes, I am using front door pocket ( with 500 ml bottleX2 ) for emergency; and other bottle with us in rear seat.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  10. Bosesuman,

I truly enjoyed artistically done punto sports modification,I would recommend you going for remap now.