1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

76HP Grande Punto Sports- The Making....

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by BoseSuman, Aug 5, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    If you have any sort of doubt if the tyres would last on the highway trip, take advise from the dependable tyre walah. Or if Vitamin M permits, change the tyres atleast a week or 10 days before the trip. So that the base run in + you would get a feel of how the tyres behave too.
  2. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    If you are planning for 195/65 profile tire, double check for any misalignment in rear bumper, if not black plastic projection [rear bumper side] in wheel arch will scrap with tire.

When I upgraded tires for my Punto with 195/65 [MY02], was expecting front tires to scrap the wheel arch but to my surprise front wheels were fine & rear wheel started scrapping with wheel arch even on small pothole, then problem found to be slight bumper misalignment [Happened long back when rear bumper brushed a pole while reversing].

After pulling the bumper back to its original position [DIY], problem resolved.
    2 people like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Suman,
    if you wont get in Michelin, BS MY-02 195/65/R15 is the best.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Krishna, My Bangalore trip cancelled, So till Nov it is city driving, will check with all dealers & tyre experts. I will change by oct itself as you suggested for adjustment.

-
    Thanks for very good advice, I will check this.

Thanks Ganges, I am not keen to change OEM specs, but as You & Sham suggested 65 will not change any driving parameter. So 65 will not be issue.

PLC is softer in side, but as per Michelin P 3ST sidewall is harder, this inclined me for P3ST. I am keen on 195/60, if not then 195/65.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat has not done their home work of GC upgrade kit or raised GC from 2012 models,here the homework of raised GC in terms of high tire profile change have been done.
    So don't worry about handling part.its always sugar.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Micheline P3ST Tyre change with OEM GT3.

Today I went to Zenex for Tyre change. Yesterday we saw my Car's tyre condition is not good. As I have a plan for change tyre so changed to Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/65 R15.

Price ( Rs) :- 6375 as MRP, discounted rate as 6200,able to bargain till 6150.

Total Rs:- 4 tyre:- 24600,Valve:- 400, Wheel allignment & balancing:-500. Total 25500.

Running 4 tyre changed with P3ST, 1 running tyre which rolled for 15800 km ( GT3 195/60 R15) went to stepny. All 3 others (42850 Km rolled) changed with P3ST. So I have 4 new P3ST as running and one GT3 195/60 as stepny ( for emergency use only).

PFB the pics.

5 tyre condition:-

5 tyres.JPG

3 tyre ( 42850 Km run):-

running 3 tyre.JPG

New Stepny ( GT3 195/60 R15-15850 km run tyre).

New Stepney.JPG

Now 4 P3ST ( 195/65 R15):-

P3ST-1.JPG

P3ST-2.JPG

P3ST-3.JPG

P3ST-4.JPG

P3ST-5.JPG

P3ST-6.JPG

P3ST-7.JPG

P3ST-8.JPG
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    5 people like this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Suman,
    Nice change, i too have the same config of tires with steppnie as well.

Welcome to 195/65/R15 Club :up
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great move :)

Yours is probably the first set of Primacy 3ST on TFI. Do let us know how they perform after a few hundred km's.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Those GT3 don't look like the ones i saw yesterday, The rear left i saw on your car yesterday looked totally bald to me while the one in the pictures don't look that bad. :confused:

The price of the 3ST's is steep though.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Thanks Ganges, for 65 your's and Sham's input really helped. Yesterday Vignesh (VJ_V1) cleared the rest confusion, so it was easy decision.

Thanks Gurji, Initial impression is:- it is noiseless, and I didn't face any difference to do cornering (40-60 speed) on the same turn ( Normally I used this road and where we tested Tjet).

Dry grip is really good. With 32 PSI I didn't face todays 30 KM run ( City drive), Comfort is more. Side wall is harder. Now Highway drive pending.

But atleast couple of 100 km reuired to really judge one tyre.

You saw it correctly on yesterday. The rightmost tyre is totally bald, rest 2 also near to bald ( I touched for feel :( ). May be in pics it is not clear due to dust.

I am not good in bargaining :(, so not able to reduce much.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013