1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

7 lakh+ run Palio D

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by gurjinder, Nov 8, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hehe. Punjab surely is not a big state but i'm sure the owner must've taken plenty of cross-state trips. :)

I wish i had some info regarding the owner or owners of the car. If the car keeps going this way, which i'm sure it will , it will definitely touch the 1 Million km mark. THAT will be something.
    I did enquire about the odometer whether it had been tampered with or is faulty. But the mechanic gave a very wry smile and said " This car has run a LOT , and the meter is correct"
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Ya Gurji. It will be great if we get to know this owner and make him a part of this forum. We might have some insight. May be you can ask your mechanic about him. He and his car might go into record books.
  3. I would want to know the maintenance tips from the him.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    OFF TOPIC! Sry!
    Saw a renault logan doing 650000+Kms on its odo! No engine overhall! :D
  5. I have got an insider information from someone from FPT that the Palio D's engine can easily do 12L Kms and people in FIAPL know one such Palio in MH which has done such miles as our Gurji sahib reported.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    off topic - my company cab - Innova had done 4.8Lakh KMS without engine ever being opened - i toook that vehicle between Jaipur to Delhi numerous times and believe me it worked as new... Toyota do have a great engine in its Innova

Similarly one Meru Taxi in Bangalore (Logan) had done some 5 lakh kms on its ODO - was told only clutch (6 times) break pads, set, tyres, once starter motor and oil where changed in regular intervals

& my uncle's Padmini had done good 1.6L kms
  7. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    This is truly phenomenal....
    figuratively speaking... this Palio could well have done a round trip to moon (approx 3.8 Lakh Kms one way to moon)
    and a cool 18 trips around the earth (40K kms a trip) :))

Some vehicle this. If mine stays trouble-free with me for one tenth of the mileage I will be a happy man :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    This is my co brother's Indica car running on stock clutch and I think its a 2007 model.

uploadfromtaptalk1325081515876.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
    2 people like this.
  9. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    any updates lately?
    even our Uno 1.7 D did around 1.85 lakh km before we sold it of
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Brother's UNO 1.7D had crossed 1.65 lac kms mark . Recently alternator was changed.