1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

7 lakh+ run Palio D

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by gurjinder, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Called ME ??
  2. I think both Linea and Punto are capable of achieving these numbers, just need to take little care as an when the issue arises.
    I general it's not very surprising for Diesel car to do 5 lack kms with out rebuild.
    I have seen few Amby taxis,Qualis doing it, recently saw a Logan with 3.8 lacks ODO reading.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

That's one hell of a mileage!! 7lakhs is do-able.The owner might have been taking care like his own precious baby.Get him on TFI Guri paaji :) I've always been in love with the Palio for its built quality and engine reliability.This Palio is an sheer example out here.Our current engines too can achieve this kinda high mileage but just needs timely care and sedate driving skills.
  4. 7 Lac kms.... wow!!! Thats hell of a running... :)

Gurji.... How old is the car???
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Romi i'm not sure how old the car exactly is, but i'm guessing it's a 2003/2004 model. Palios prior to 2005 had black plastic covers on their running boards. And this Palio had it.
  6. Thats awesome man
    Hats off to palio D..

---------- Post added November 9, 2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was November 8, 2011 at 11:59 PM ----------

Our uno D has done 1.4 lakh KMs and still running as good as new..
    Not very sure about Multijets..
    But previous gen Fiat cars were definite mile munchers
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

RAkesh, Gurugider is correct, the old palio's did not have the meter reading in the top. see my palio's odo below

8. niranjan_81

@ Phew :lol
    But & 7L is truely great. He might be using it as a taxi with White number plate. There are many in Pune who give there cars on rent for a lesser price then usual taxi walas. But if he is not doing that then he should be facilitated by Fiat. :)
  9. Bhaiji.. owner karta kaya hai ? Panjab is such a small state, in 6 hrs you can touch the border. :)
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

766000 kms in a year means, approx 96000 kms a year (considering 2003 make) :eek:

i.e. 8000 kms a month :eek:

i.e. 265 kms a day :eek:

So was he travelling 265 kms a day for 2880 days ?

Was he servicing his car every 2 months ?

Was he spending 6-7 hours daily in his car ?

All these seems insane. There must be some mistake.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011