1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

7 lakh+ run Palio D

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by gurjinder, Nov 8, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Was getting our Palio D serviced the other day and i came across another Palio D which had come to rectify a blown head gasket.

This Palio D had 7,66,728 km's on its odometer. :)

That's a very, very high mileage for a non-taxi vehicle. Barring the usual wear and tear, it seemed fine. And the mechanic was confident that the engine is good for many more km's yet.

He did not have any info whether this engine had been rebuilt or not. But i reckon it would've been rebuilt once for sure.
    07112011014.jpg
    6 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Palio was made of excellent quality, alas Fiat would have done same for new cars.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

Phew! 7L plus - that is one true workhorse :)
  4. If its true, sure the best engine in the world, and well take care done by owner to achieve such a large reading.

You have any information about the owner ? what he is doing ? and how many years he took to complete this large reading.

Have you checked the ODO meter, might be last digit for the meter reading, not KM reading. :) Also might be meter dead and it is mall functioned very well. :)
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Shall we expect the same mileage from current FIAT cars???? Any Example as of now?
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Im afraid i do not have any details of the owner , but yes the reading is indeed 7 lakh+. The Palio D does not have that metre reading in the odometer. Just km's. We have one too . :)

The meter one is below the odometer, i.e. in the tripmeter (It is the red counter in the above pic).

Cheers.
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    The most i've personally seen is one of our family friends' 2009 Linea. It's done 1,25,000km's.

On FIAT Forum i read someone reporting 5,00,000km's on a 1.3 Multijet .

It is definitely do-able. If we know how to do it. :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I bet it can.I have read there are some swift DDIS owner who have done more than 4l km without any major servicing. forgot the source.
  9. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

This is a proud news for Fiat owners...
  10. My UNO 1.7 has done over 1,80,000kms before I had to part ways with it. But 7 lakh kilometers is just something.
    1 person likes this.