1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

60k Service - Advise Needed

Discussion in 'Technical' started by extr3mex, Dec 7, 2013.

1. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    Thanks @asimpleson @vj_v1

I understand what you are saying. The SA has said that he will talk to extended warranty guys and get back to me. In any case then he has just quoted to replace the entire timing chain kit out of hand without proper examination then.
  2. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    The bill quoted for 60k service was Rs. 28k. Of course 16k of this is the gc upgrade. 12k still seems higher as I did not go for timing chain replacement and the fact that I had replaced most of the fluids (transmission etc) and coolant in 45k service itself. The main changes were oil change, air/fuel/oil filter. I will share the breakup once I receive it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello every one.. my GP Mjd is due for a 60k service and SA told me the bill might dig a big hole of 22k in my pocket.. is this normal? SA told me that only a timing chain assembly will cost me around 11k and a regular servicing will cost around 10k including all (labour+taxes).

I am not sure weather to go for timing chain replacement or not, coz there is no issue from the engine bay till date. But SA is saying that it will be good if we change the timing chain kit so that there wont be hassel for any warrenty issue in future..

Also if there is no problem for timing chain at the moment and if it occur in future will it be covered in extended warrenty?

Pls. Suggest.
  4. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Go for timing chain change.It is mandatory at 60k kms.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    60K kms is mandatory only for 90HP.
    For 76HP, there is no fixed timeline, and should be covered under extended warranty. But it is better to get it changed for 76HP as well, as we have seen few issues in recent times.
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

I have given my Punto 76hp for 5 year service to KHT, Bangalore yesterday. As told by SA, I need to change the timing chain and belt. It is creating some noise and needs attention. I was also having issues with suspension. The estimation given to me was 34K+Tax.
    The break up is like this,
    Timing chain/Belt- 12000+5600(Labour)+Tax~18K
    Service Charge 7000
    Suspension 4000
    Rear Wiper 800
    Steering indicator plug 500
    Brakes 650
    Is this normal or I am being doomed ?
  7. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi,

It is really very high...I still remember that I have completed my 60k service around 22/23K only......Get a quote from some other dealer
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    But did you get timing chain and suspension changed as well?
  9. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OK. But is it in Bangalore? I always felt charges in Bangalore is on higher side compared to other locations.
    Received a call from SA that total cost coming around 30K after all changes. Will share the details once I collect the vehicle.

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk