1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

60k Service - Advise Needed

Discussion in 'Technical' started by extr3mex, Dec 7, 2013.

1. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Ganges.
    I was searching for an exhaustive list of changeables/repairs for 60K service in TFI.
    Can somebody share the link please, if there is any?
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
  2. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Any pointers please...
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Our vehicles user manual provides what all need to be changed/checked in all the services. Please have a look if haven't :)

Hope it helps!
    1 person likes this.
  4. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    Hi,
    My current 60K service is ongoing in Ramkay Fiat Chennai. SA gave the following estimates,

All Wheel Brake Cleaning - Rs. 665
    Turbo Hose Replacement - Rs. 1500 (Spare 800, Labor Rs 700)

They also gave me the quote for the following which they considered optional
    Timing Chain Replacement - Rs. 11000 for spare and Rs. 1750 for labor
    GC Upgrade - Rs. 14000 for parts and Rs. 2500 for labor
    Brake Disc - Rs. 2500 for part and Rs. 350 for labor

Do the above estimates seem normal. I believe that GC upgrade part is on 12k approx. Also the labor of Rs 2500 for GC upgrade seems high. Similarly a labor of Rs. 700 for turbo hose replacement seemed high. They claim that the front bumper had to be removed to replace it. However I do not see the need to have to remove the front bumper for this. Also They claim that they instantly replaced the bumper back. I find that a bit odd as they removed the wheels but have not fitted them back yet.

They have also replaced fuel filter, air filter, oil filter and A/C Filter (however they did not show me the replaced parts which I find odd).

Any thoughts on the above prices is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It looks like the cost of the GC kit has been increased. All FASS's use the DMS for the billing which is centralized. The cost of part and labor is defined by Fiat and not the local FASS.

How come the Timing chain replacement is optional if you have left the car for 60k service? It is mandatory for Linea MJD and Punto 90 owners to get it replaced at 60k. And the cost seems to be for the entire Timing kit with water pump. Otherwise the cost shouldn't exceed 7-8k (with labor).
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Is that really required to change the suspension during 60K service?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No.

Only the Timing chain. It must be replaced at 60k.
    1 person likes this.
  8. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    Thanks for the reply everyone.

@ramjn

You are correct. It was mentioned as mandatory. The cost is for the entire timing kit and not just the chain. The chain just costs Rs. 890. I have decided to replace the timing chain. However I am unsure as whether the other parts in the timing kit with water pump needs to be replaced. The service advisor asked me to replace. There is another thread (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/technical...-part-60k-scheduled-periodic-maintenance.html) which says that when asked to replace in the 60k service, "additional parts will be covered in extended warranty". Now my confusion is whether the "additional parts" is those other than the timing kit or whether the timing kit itself (other than the chain) are the "additional parts". Any thoughts?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I dont know for sure, but pretty much what EW means is that if there is a breakdown in the engine due to timing chain say within 60k kms they might pay you 40-50k or whatever amount that one needs to build the parts in the interference type engine break down. I don't think it covers parts that have not broken down, for eg. a timing chain. A lot depends on SC and it's a known thing that EW claims are passed in some cases only partially where Fiat India too offers to bear cost or wave off parts prices in part.

For example if water pump is proven to be not functioning, it might warrant a coverage under EW.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Ok, let me try and clarify.

- You just need to change the timing chain at 60K. There are a couple of plastic pads that need to get replaced along with the chain.
    - This is the first time i am hearing about water pump replacement at 60k so i have no idea.
    - Since it does not make sense to replace just the chain and leave the surrounding parts which all function in sync, people are getting the tensioner, a gear replaced as well (Not the water pump), no additional labor for replacing these since they are opening everything for the chain already.

Replacement of the above (minus water pump) costs around 7K (inclusive of labor). This is what everyone is getting replaced at 60K.

If you plan to get just the chain and pads replaced, you may do so and the remaining will be covered under warranty if they fail in the future. However, they will mostly not agree now under EW if there is no issue with the parts as of now. It is to be noted that if any of these critical parts fail in the future, it's not just these parts failing but components inside the engine will fail too.