1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

60k Service - Advise Needed

Discussion in 'Technical' started by extr3mex, Dec 7, 2013.

1. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    Thanks to all for your valuable suggestions. First of all sorry for the delay for this post, had been busy with work. I was a bit confused whether to go with Mobil-1 Delvac Fully Synthetic or Selenia provided by Fiat ASS. I checked with the local Mobil dealers about the pricing, finally decided to go with Delvac 1 itself as I got it for a reasonable price.

Delvac 1.jpg

Delvac.jpg

Once I got my ride out of service, its definitely worth the upgrade. The engine is more rev-happy:redcar and much smoother to drive. Once again, thanks to all for your suggestions. :p

Regards
    1 person likes this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to know that extrem3x. BTW I recently did 75000Km service at FASS Metro Motors in Ambala (Did not want to go to Speed Fiat in Chandigarh because of enthusiastic replacements of parts that they suggest).

Reasons for going to FASC at 75000km instead of the local garage were:

- Wanted to get the timing chain checked. Timing chain is recommended to be replaced at 60000km service for 90hp and people are recommending this for even 75hp now. But trusted people at FASC say that it might be delayed to 75000 or 90000km service if there is no noise in the timing chain at 60000km. The life of the timing chain depends upon a lot of factors and it is not worth taking risk with the whole engine. Complete timing chain kit now costs Rs4000/- or something (earlier it used to cost Rs6-7k IIRC).

- Oil sump was leaking engine oil since Joshi autozone TATA Fiat ASC did 43000km service. Speed Fiat told me to replace the whole oil sump costing Rs1500 including sealant and labour charges extra. At metro, the honest technicians simply replaced the oil drain nut and the issue is resolved.

- Steering assembly has developed a leak. The whole assembly needs replacement which costs Rs20000/-. I didn't change it and living with topping power steering oil.

- Elastic pads needed replacement.

- Front left wheel bearing needed replacement.
    1 person likes this.
  3. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    @PaddleShifter, I wanted to do the service from a outside workshop , but had difficulty in getting some parts and my car had already crossed 60k. So gave it to the FASS and gave them the Delvac and asked em to replaced the oil with it.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Hi, when did u get the 75 k service done. What was the exact labor just for the service, don't need the labor for the remaining work .

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My 75000km service bill mentions Rs750 or something as the charges for general service. I have simply replaced all the filters (oil+fuel+pollen+air) and oils (engine oil). Other than that, labour charges have been charged as per the number of jobs done (Elastic pads, glow plugs etc etc.).

Please note that I didn't get the transmission oil, coolant, brake oil, power steering oil etc. replaced in this particular service as this was done during 45000km service 1 year back. SO I will get these fluids replaced during next service only.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    If you have doubts,go through Raviji's thread and take screen shots of his bills and parts changed.
    That is what I did since my Linea is also due for her 6th service.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Steering is repairable between Rs. 3500-5500/-. Usually, it is a seal and some parts that needs replacement, and involves some lathe work, or maybe turner fitter type job, dont know precisely. Pretty common to get those repaired since Uno Palio Siena days.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    After changing timing chain and pads and driver gear, please change the crank oil seal that costs approx 250-400rs. Maruti genuine one is for MJD cheaper and same as Fiat original. This seal leaks easily and drains off all engine oil very fast, before you can stop the leak. Take preventive measure.
  9. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    My MJD Punto emotion 2010 model is due for 60K service this June.
    Is the timing chain replacement a must for 60K per FIAT circulars for non 90 BHP punto?
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Timing Chain replacement at 60K kms is not for 75hp punto.

The circular was for 90hp punto.

Still check with mechanic and see if there any metal noise from the engine.
    1 person likes this.