1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

60k Service - Advise Needed

Discussion in 'Technical' started by extr3mex, Dec 7, 2013.

1. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    Hey all,

My Grande Punto is clocking closing to 60k (58.8k to be precise) and will be servicing it soon. I plan on doing the service in a workshop rather than the ASS this time. I need some feedback and some advise about this service. Please do leave your comment :

• Engine Oil : (Have been using Fiat OEM specified oil so far) Want to shift to Fully synthetic Mobil 1 Delvac. Which grade do I use for best performance?
    • Flushing agent: Any specific?
    • Gear Oil: Fully synthetic oil
    • Air Filter: K&N Replacement filter or get a new standard OEM Paper filter
    • Oil Filter: Standard OEM or K&N Oil Filter?

FYI, I have already changed the break pads, and also got a new clutch kit recently. Anyone recommend any good service centers in Cochin other than the ASS ? Please let me know your opinion. Thank You!

Regards
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Just use D1 with standard filters. No need for any fancy filter really. With regard to flushing, that's not needed either. Also, a fully synthetic gear oil is total overkill. Save some $$$ - use normal gear oil and replace every 30k or so.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Given the Indian conditions fully synthetic doesn't make more sense.
    Fully synthetic costs 3times the regular engine oil. Logically and practically it makes more sense to change engine oil (regular)every 7500kms or 6months in the cost of fully synthetic.
    Wallet friendly and engine loves you for the fresh oil every 6months.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I have done 60k service outside. I bought most of the stuff from 99rpm since local FIAT ASC does not sell them over the counter.

01. Engine oil. Use Mobil Delvac1 5W-40. Also available at 99rpm.com. I am also using the same.
    02. Flushing agent: Avoid using any flushing agent. Its not required.
    03. Fuel filter: Use only FIAT OEM Fuel filter. No compromise on this. Visit FASS for fuel filter change if they do not give it over the counter.
    04. Oil Filter: Use SOFFIMA Oil Filter for swift/dzire/punto/vista/manza/linea. Its the same. Available locally as well as on 99rpm.com
    05. Air filter: OEM filter is good. Available on 99rpm.

Since its a 60k km service, do you intend to change other fluids like transmission/gear oil, brake oil, PS oil and coolant? I haven't researched for these yet as mine was a regular servicing as fluid change was done at 45k.

Also, get the belts checked.
    amolraut and extr3mex like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    :eek:fftopic

This surprises me. When there was a meet in KHT Fiat Caffe in Bangalore, Mr Mishra made an announcement in the presence of Mr. Nagesh, that all ASCs across the country will be instructed to sell spares OTC. Looks like it never happened. KHT FIAT Caffe implemented that very recently, based on member's demands. AFAIK, spares have always been sold OTC in Vecto.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    I have bought many stuffs from pandit auto bavadhan over the counter and got it fitted there itself.
    1 person likes this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My experience of being refused OTC sale dates back to May 2013. Maybe the announcement was made after May 2013 or there could have been a delay on the local ASCs part to implement it.

By the way, I am not comfortable to get my car serviced from Speed FIAT Chandigarh as the service technicians and advisers are the same that manhandled our cars at Joshi Autozone TATA FIAT ASC. I am not sure how someone who has never done his job with reasonable dedication during his earlier days will cope up doing a good job later.

EDIT- Pune and Bangalore are two cities where there have always been good service centers for FIAT even in the days on TATA-FIAT collaboration. The policies etc by FIAT are usually implemented at the earliest by the ASCs of these two regions.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    Yeah, will be going for standard gear oil. Thanks for your input.
  9. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    I see in 99rpm.com , they have "Mobil Delvac 1 , 5W-40, 5 litre" for Rs. 4300 (i.e Rs. 860/litre). Do you know how much litre is needed ? And what interval do you top up the oil?

Yep, will get all the bolts checked upon. Thanks!
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The 1.3 MJD needs about 3.2 litres of engine oil. Technically, no top up is required for the prescribed 15000 Kms interval, the consumption should be negligible if not zero.
    1 person likes this.