1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6000Kms OF BLISSFUL DRIVING

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by VHR, May 11, 2011.

1. VHR

VHR

Tirupati
    Recently I completed 8000 Kms. The car is becoming smoother and smoother with more and more Kms on the meter. But still it is returning only 13.20Kmpl overall. Recently I drove from Tirupati to Kakinada and back (about 1600kms including about 200kms in heavy city trafic). I am beginning to wonder whether the car would ever be able to return 14.6Kmpl overall as advertised!
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    VHR

My Jet returns 14+ if driven below 2K RPM in 5th Gear. I drive to tirupati often from Bangalore. It is very difficult to keep the RPM below 2K and in 5th gear ;)

Thanks
    Vasu
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  3. prkothan

prkothan

Sir, TJET doesn't gives mileage because, TJET drivers mostly don't think about mileage while driving the car. They think about mileage only before and after driving the car. But in case of maruti car drivers they were very conscious about mileage while driving and shifts the gear as quickly as possible to 5 th gear and try to drive as smooth as possible.

Just forget about mileage, your blessed to drive TJET , enjoy it.

Regards,
    Prasanna K
    2011 - Lines TJET - Bronzo Scuro (First one to buy in chennai :))
    5000km
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi Prasanna, welcome aboard.

The claim of 'tjets not giving good mileage' is not true.

Tjets when driven sensibly have returned great mileage figures and when driven enthusiastically given great rushes of adrenaline in equal dose.

Do have a read of the Tjet ownership section of TFI.

Gurjinder