1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by VHR, May 11, 2011.

1. VHR

HI Friends

Completed 6000 km of blissful driving of my Linea t jet

Last month we (me and wife) went for a long long drive in myLinea t jet plus. We drove from Tirupati to Aurangabad and back via Banglore.The details of my journey follow

Day 1: Drove from Tirupati to Banglore 250 kms

Day 2 : Stay at Banglore on office work

Day 3: Drove from Banglore to Pune. Left Banglore at 5.45AM ( I always start driving only after5AM to avoid sleepy truck/taxi/bus drivers) and reached Pune by 7.00PM. Breakfast at A1/Kamath near Davnagere (having missed several other breakfast placesenroute) and nice lunch at Sankam Residency Belgaum. Stayed at Pune for the night.

Day 4: Left Pune by about 11 AM for Shirdi. Picked up my sonwho works in Pune for this trip. Reached Shirdi by 3.00PM and completed darshanby 3.45PM. Left for Ellora by 4.00Pm and reached by 6.00PM. Stayed at hotelKailash there which is nice but the food is exorbitantly priced (relative tothe quality).

Day 5: Visited Ellora caves from 7.00 to 10.00AM and reachedAurangabad by noon. My son left for Pune in the evening by bus Stayed there fora couple of days with a cousin.

Day 7: left Aurangabad by 6.00AM and reached Pune by 9.30AMand spent till 11.00AM with my son and then proceeded. Reached Belgaum 5.30after Lunch enroute near Kolhapur (executive club) and stayed in Sankamresidency for the night. Its a nice hotel and reasonably priced.

Day 8: Left Belgaum by 6.00AM and reached Banglore by noon.Did not stop in Banglore but proceeded to Tirupati. Had lunch at Kolar andreached Tirupati by 5.30PM (a distance of >750Kms).

The roads throughout were good including the state highwaysin Maharashtra. Of course the best part of the drive was from Banglore toBelgaum. Between Belgaum and Pune while the road is good, we encountered a lotof traffic both ways especially of two wheelers.
    Through out this long journey I found drive very enjouable and car is very responsive. I touched 130kmph on several stretches between Banglore and Belgaum and the vehicle was very stable and the ride was smooth.<o:p></o><o:p></o>

I have used the MapmyIndia GPS extensively during this tripand found it fairly accurate and dependable though at one or two places it tookme into “NO ENTRY” roads. Fortunately cops were not around.

Total distance covered: 2861Kms

Total petrol consumed:213.10L

Av.KMPL: 13.42

Could not get the 5000Kms service done so far (meter reading6075kms). Booked for the service this Sat day 14<sup>th</sup> with MG brothersat Nellore.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
  2. VHR

I have not included any icons in the opening lines but it appeared on its own!
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Attaboy VHR ! Good to hear Linea being put to its best possible use- Grand Touring.

Do provides us with some pics to drool on !

4. VHR, the mileage seems good considering that it's a 6k km trip. Where're the pics? :p

Well. It happens when you type the letter 'o' just after this symbol ':'. You can edit the post and fix the issue, all by yourself.
  5. VHR

Got the first service done at MG brothers Nellore- authroised service agents for Fiat Linea. The car was returned under 3h and there was no bill at all!. I am happy with the service quality. Now I expect that that car would return that 14.6kmpl as promised by the FIL.
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

That sounds quick? Or is Shirdi not usually crowded on working days?
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    In 1st service there is no service as such. Its only checking,tightening of loose bolts,washing & cleaning. I don't know how any of these is going to increase the mileage.

I am getting around 10.5 km/l in Delhi traffic with a/c on. My Santro returns 13.5 km/l. You can't expect Linea to return anything more than 10.5-11 km/l in city traffic.
  8. VHR

Yes that was pretty quick. the previous day was Srirama navami and apprently there was a big crowd on that day. Nest day it was practically deserted.

I am not expecting 14.5Kmpl in the city traffic but I do expect 14.5Kmpl over all as promised by FIL
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats great you completed 6000km in your JET. A long trip way from Tirupati to Aurangabad....

Why dont you post some pics of your trip....
  10. That sounds like an amazing drive. The stretch from B'lore to Belgaum is just wonderful.