1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 Years & Still Going Strong!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Kailash, you said interchanged, did you by anyway mean replaced. Because interchanged means atleast one relay is still unreliable.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Incompetence is not just with RDC,it is across all FASS,guys employed are just out of the polytechnic and they are in the learning process.
    Most of the times,diagnosis and treatment has to be suggested by the owner :(
    jumu, fiatlover and kailasmenon2000 like this.
  3. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    He interchanged only. I asked him the same question. The relay required to start the car was overheating. He said the relay required for headlights doesn't need much power. So he interchanged them.

I guess the problem happened when a local mechanic played with the relays when my headlight was not working last month.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Anyways, place an order for the relays and replace or keep handy. There is a thread by TFIan RaviHegde which has a specific relay he got from a FASS. Try and source that and fix. You luckily have time in hand, but you never know when this one will give up again. :)

Here is the post —
    Story of Punto's sudden battery death
    pv_krish likes this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Very true. For my Punto's suspension noise, FASS replaced the rear shock absorber, when the problem was with the RH tie rod. I ended up paying 3.5k unnecessarily when it required just 1k to replace the tie rod.

And they finally apologize when we complain and point out their mistakes.
    End result, poor ownership experience! :arghh:
  6. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Yes..better to keep a back up relay esp if you are traveling long distance. Checked the post by Ravi Hegde. Useful information.
  7. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Once again travelled through Thenmala forest route :)

IMG_6595.JPG
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @kailasmenon2000, beautiful photos. You seem to be the pro photographer in the making.
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  9. drjake

drjake Timido

Cochin
    Dear Kailas, that was a wonderful write up with nice shots of your well kept car - the upholstery looks really good. Like most fiat car lovers you also appear to have that spark in you when talking about your FIAT. i owned a Palio 1.2 ELX prior (bought it in 2002 feb) and thought it was even better built than the Linea emotion pack that i own ever since 2009 July. So that shows how much i appreciate its built and stance - the rock steady drive that i enjoy especially on the highways.

But being in Cochin, i used to get it serviced at Concorde - the TATA guys, where i was taken care of very well. Eversince the Hyson motors took over its sales & services i am not at all happy with their service. They tend to change just about everything they can lay their hands on - the brake pads, the shocks, the timing belt and just about everything, so that they could charge you heavily on the bill - and at the end of it the car feels worse than earlier. Their fitment of parts is very very poor as you have mentioned up there. i feel sad that i have to part with my FIAT because of these irresponsible people. The FIAT people also appear to care even less for their customers when they allow such agents to handle their jobs for them
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  10. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thank you @pv_krish.. Just started learning :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 18, 2014 ---
    Thanks a lot @drjake ... I've heard from many that Palio is better built than Linea or Punto. Yes, the steady & stable drive is what makes us fall in love with Fiat. You don't get that feel in most of the other cars in these segments.

And about Hyson. As I said before, I never liked their work or professionalism. Luckily a new dealer 'Pinaccle Fiat' is opened in Cochin. Now as the competition is increased, both of them will focus on improving their service quality for sure.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014