1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 Years & Still Going Strong!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    He doesn't own that Uno now simpleson.
    It was sold off and he is longing to have it back, if only the owner would sell :), otherwise we will trace it and wait for a dark night !
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bala, the ownership bit was about AMBY. That later part was about UNO which he sold to a known person IIRC, I know. That's why I said not the cheapest to maintain assuming he buys it later.
  3. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Yes...Its cheap to buy a Uno now. You'll get it for 40-45k. But maintaining is the difficult part. I'll buy Uno only if I get the one my dad sold :)
    Tony likes this.
  4. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Late to update about the paint job done after the accident that happened in Cherthala, Kerala. Did the work in a small garage in Pattoor, Trivandrum. They did a decent job, not great though. Painted the back bumper too. Total cost was Rs.8000. Didn't claim the insurance. Posting few pics before & after the painting.
    Before
    Car 1.jpg

After

IMG_4752.JPG

IMG_4753.JPG

IMG_4755.JPG
    prabhjot and bharath like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Work done looks good, and cost 8K is pretty nice.
    But why didn't you claim insurance?
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which shop in patoor?
    paint seems to match but looks like its not glossy in the painted area. more clear coat needed ? or a polishing session would solve that?
    are you in tvm?
  7. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Didn't go for insurance because I would've ended up paying much more. Also insurance wouldn't have allowed complete bumper painting. After calculating the no claim bonus, amount to be paid etc, I decided to not to go for, as the painter said he'll do complete bumper, quarter panel & touch up the scratches in the front bumper. So overall it was a good deal. Also painting pearl white is bit more costlier, so 8k seems to be a great price :)

There is no name for the shop. Its run by a person named Madhu. I can give you his number if you want. And these pics were taken before the polishing. I took the car next day to them & got it polished :)
    Ravi likes this.
  8. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Im in Chennai now. But will be coming to Tvm by 1st or 2nd. Would meet up if you are there :)
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yeah , will be here... ping me in fb... shall catch up
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I too can join if a convenient time can be found.