1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 Years & Still Going Strong!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Please do not test your speeding ability Kailash,170 km is really scary.
    Always have it in your back of mind that you have a fiancee in waiting,highly irresponsible.
    Sorry for being so blunt and intruding into your privacy.
    There is no heroism in speeding on Indian roads,it would be more heroic to go slow and steady.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Mods, why don't we have the dislike option too?
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    4 people like this.
  2. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    I appreciate your concern Bala. But this is not to show how heroic I'm. I had a problem of low power in my car. Cleaned my EGR few weeks back & could drive the car in highway only yesterday. Was travelling from Trivandrum to chennai yesterday where I got a 2km straight road without any vehicles in front of me & with a perfect view of the entire stretch, that too without any by roads ahead. I just wanted to know how well the car performs, the repaired turbo, stability & handling. Im sure once in a while most of us do this including the mods here. I know this because there are many of us who had even reached 180-190km/hr. And for my overall trip i did a sedate drive maintaining 80-100km/hr & here is what I got as an average mileage :)

5u3e2agy.jpg
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Kailash, you got the turbo repaired, what were the expenses on this? So a VGT was repaired and where from if you can shed some light..
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I agree Kailash,even then I still feel that it is unnecessary to test if the car can do speeds,let us even leave it saying that the car is not capable of doing more than 130km/hour, what is the shame there?
    My car has gone through 2 difficult accidents,could be due to over speeding.Beleive me the freelance driver involved who used to drive Audi and Bmw, who is a responsible driver and for whom it was the first accident does not drive anymore and has left the profession once and for all.You know it is very painful even if nothing untoward happens by God's grace.
    2 people like this.
  5. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Total expense for the turbo repair & egr cleaning was rs.4750. Even though the mechanic said the turbo had some problems & it wasn't working properly, i don't know what exactly was the issue. I did it at Continental Automobiles, Trivandrum. One of my friend suggestes the place as the authorised Fiat dealer has a very bad reputation in Trivandrum. Mechanic here is really good. I came to know one thing. If u find a good mechanic who knows his job well within your city, issues are solved easily & also you can save lot of money!
    1 person likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think he must have cleaned and fitted it back. The price makes sense for this, cleaning job. I doubt if repair was done. Are you sure about repair part. :confused:

Yes a good mechanic can even deliver the car faster than many of these big inefficient FASS.
  7. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    May be he just cleaned it. He casually said that he cleaned the egr & also did some repair works on Turbo as it was not working. The car was completely powerless when i gave it to him. Out of the excitement of driving my all new powerful car, i didn't ask him what exactly he did :-(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  8. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Did 3M foam wash, waxing & polishing. Here is the result :)

e4atyrug.jpg
    6 people like this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Wolfed!!

1..jpg IMG_5024.jpg
    8 people like this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Was there a mini meet something? always a pleasure to see fiats together.