1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 Years & Still Going Strong!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Liked "കുളിക്കാത്ത വണ്ടി" !!!
    Non-bathing car
    3 people like this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Though spoonerism may be unintended :D
    1 person likes this.
  3. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Fiat Love <3

Fiat love 2 FB.jpg
    3 people like this.
  4. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    May need EGR cleanup.
    1 person likes this.
  5. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Im taking my car to Continental Automobiles in Trivandrum to fix the issue. They are not the authorized Fiat service centre, but heard some good reviews.
  6. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    kailas , if black smoke is due to clogging of air filter and you are changing , may be you can "gift" K&N Filter to your linea :)
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
  8. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    It was taken by my friend :)

My issue with the smoke & power has been resolved. Ayub Khan, the mechanic from 'Continental Automobiles', Trivandrum brought back my car to full swing. As many of you mentioned here, it was the problem with the egr. Also the turbo kick wasn't happening for many days. He cleaned the egr, fixed other minor issues, topped up the coolant and the car is a beast again! Its like a remapped one now! But they charged Rs.4800 in total. Is it a decent price or on a higher side?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  9. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Awesome , after EGR cleanup car really feel like new.

This rate varies as per region , for me it costed in less than 2K , but it will not be fair to compare those rates as that mechanic would always charge me less than market rates.

EGR cleanup is very tedious process for mechanic - that carbon is very hard to cleanup , takes a lot of times. Need to be very patient and use those brush/vaccum cleaner to remove blockages.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Awesome , after EGR cleanup car really feel like new.

This rate varies as per region , for me it costed in less than 2K , but it will not be fair to compare those rates as that mechanic would always charge me less than market rates.

EGR cleanup is very tedious process for mechanic - that carbon is very hard to cleanup , takes a lot of times. Need to be very patient and use those brush/vaccum cleaner to remove blockages.

1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great news.

Off late, I am also facing these problem. May be time to clean up the EGR in my car too. But, where in Chennai? :(
    1 person likes this.