1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 Years & Still Going Strong!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Johny: Believe your issue could be associated with the oil as well - please check the power steering oil.

@Kailas - why not try BOSH horn (Skoda type). I have it in my car and it going strong for the last 3.5 years. Just changed the horn in a month after bringing my car home.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Thank you...I'll check that too :)
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Try the Hella Redgrill, they cost about 1000 rupees and sound better than the VW style horn.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thank you. I just checked Hella Red Grill tone in youtube. I personally didn't like it. I prefer Skoda type horn :)

5. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    New set of wiper blades from 99rpm

Ordered Sparco 24'' & 16'' from cardekho.com for Rs.2250. Got a call from them next day telling that 24" stock is not available. They refunded the amount the very next day. As it was urgent, I ordered new set of wipers 26" & 15" from 99rpm.com. Ordered it on 30th of Feb & received it just yesterday!

Wiper Blade New.jpg
  6. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Thanks for the gen,lively.Will check it out !
  7. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    - - - Merged Post - - -

[/QUOTE]Could you pls explain what you meant by steering lag? Is it the stiff steering you mentioned? Are you looking for an easy to drive steering??[/QUOTE]

Yes,you are almost there Kailas. Not stiffness.I feel that the steering hydraulics is not rated enough for the large tyre width and that 195 size would be just right. I dont suspect any system defect as such.I am willing to forgo the consequent fall in quality of cornering/handling etc. But then 195/60/R16 tyre size available ? And what are the Pros/Cons. Would it affect my GC which is just right ie only 170mm ! Thanks.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

I've been using Red Grills for almost a year now. The sound is not very interesting but they are super loud.

Some TFI friends here commented about the sound previously.

Off late, one of the 2 horns (not sure High/low) is behaving weirdly. After a long drive, if i turn off the car and restart it after a few minutes, one of the horns does not work for about 5-10 minutes. But if it a cold start in the morning, everything works perfectly. I'm unable to figure out the logic behind this but i believe it is busted.

I think this is my 4th horn replacement in 2.5 yrs. I got the stock horns replaced in warranty about 3 times (high tone twice, low tone once), got fed up of them and installed the RED grills myself. They started sounding like crap in a couple of days so i added a relay and it was all set.

I believe i'm not a heavy sound polluter by honking unnecessarily but when some idiot pisses me off, i hold on to the horn pad until i see him bleeding from his ears. That's probably what is causing them fail so often. :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    As livelyyoungman said, did you check the power steering oil? Are you facing this issue from 2011 or started just recently?

Until now I haven't heard anyone having issue with 205. But when I upgraded my tires last month, I preferred the stock 195/60/R15 just because I didn't want my steering to go harder & difficult to drive in city. Even though Fiats steering is great to drive in highways, i feel its not an easy drive car like Honda City or Swift in cities.
    It would be good if you can check about the power steering oil & also post the issue in a thread related to tires so that people using 205/60/R16 can help you fix the issue.

And about the pros and cons you asked. Im perfectly happy with my 195/60/R15. I never faced any issue while cornering even at 140+

- - - Merged Post - - -

I won't be going with Red Grills as I wasn't impressed with the tone. But as you said its really loud & attention seeking! :) Any idea whether we can install 2 horns? One skoda type & another a loud Red Grills? My dads old Padmini had 2 horns.
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have upsized to 205/55/15 and no issues what so ever. Well you can opt for softer tyres rather than the standard ones like GT3. This ensures that the steering does not get harder. In fact softer tyres make the steering lighter which is good in certain scenarios and bad in certain scenarios.
    1 person likes this.