1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 Years & Still Going Strong!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Its coz i started the thread with the pics ive taken earlier. So the one with the blackened headlamps were last year pics. And all other pics were taken very recently :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

You are right. Its the best in highways. The only drawback Ive felt in Linea & Punto is turning radius. In some U turns, even a van or big SUV turns, but Linea doesn't :(
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Turning radius is big of Fiat cars because of long nose,big wider tyres & tight chunky hydraulic steering wheel.
  3. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thats why my parents preferred to buy Honda City in 2010 :( Its an easy drive car in city. Good for them anyways :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

I didn't know how to quote & reply as Im new to forums. Ive uploaded more pics of interiors. :)
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    No doubt fiats have bigger turning radius than the competition. But with the reasons you have given how could it be explained for the turning radius of palio which is a small car yet having bigger turning radius. The punto feels a lot easier to manage in tighter spots than the palio.
  5. maverick

maverick Amatore

I have a Palio and a Punto, my experience is the other way round, I am comfortable with my Palio in narrow roads. Punto is a bit more wider and the turning radius is more.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I too have a palio and linea. However, unless you plan your U turns properly, a 3 point turn becomes a must at least in a few places in Bangalore where other cars manage quite easily. And for a Palio, a small car the turning radius is huge.

Still trying to correlate the steering wheel size, over hangs and tyre width to the turning radius explanation.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
  7. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Accident happened last year

Few pics of the minor accident happened last year near Coimbatore-Palakkad highway. My friend couldn't brake enough to stop the car from banging an old Mahindra van in front of us waiting for the toll...Car was very slow when hitting, but seeing the hood made realize that Mahindra makes some really strong vans! :D

CameraZOOM-20130425212757015.jpg CameraZOOM-20130426115454889.jpg CameraZOOM-20130426115514547.jpg
  8. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

I don't agree . it has bigger radius but easily steerable and no issues even with heavy traffic in Delhi

- - - Merged Post - - -

ohh thats bad luck

It depends on how bad in bend as bonnet is little tough for a Dry Denting
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Awesome car,awesome colour,awesome pictures.
    One of the best Lineas I've seen in the forum,the most beautiful after Raviji's ex Linea.
    you have a good taste,the beautiful number plate reflects that.
    My linea is also 5 year old but is not spic and span as yours, since it is chauffeur driven and bore 2 accidents,undergoing bonnet, bumper, fender, light changes and paint job twice.
    Take good care of your first baby as you had been all along.
    Cheers
  10. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    I had to replace the hood completely :(

- - - Merged Post - - -

Im telling this in comparison with most of the other cars. I have a City too. Its way too easy compared to Linea when taking U turns.And I drive in Chennai & Kerala where you have lots of narrow streets. Good to know that you don't have any issues :)