1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 Years & Still Going Strong!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Chennai - Gingee Fort - Yercaud - Chennai

Came back home after a quick trip to Gingee Fort & Yercaud. Also my car touched 74000km :)

Me & my cousin started yesterday by around 2pm. Visited Gingee Fort. By the time we reached, it was closed. Took few photographs from outside.
    Drove to Salem via Ulundurpet. Reached by 9pm. Took a room in Siva Lodge which was a very neat place.

Today morning drove to Yercaud which is 32km from Salem. Drive through 32km loop road was really good. Had lunch (Dindigul Mutton Biriyani) from Ponram Hotel. On the way back I noticed a noise when the turbo is kicked at 2000rpm. Same problem had happened to the car before 6 months. It was the leak in turbo hose. Hope its the same problem. Also I could feel the car bit heavy after the last service & also a slight drop in mileage. Got to fix these issues tomorrow.

DSC07675.jpg

DSC07773.jpg

DSC07775.jpg

DSC07776.jpg

DSC07777.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Kailas: Never realized that your ownership thread has grown this big. Just went through this completely. Brilliant and exciting as well.
    1 person likes this.
  3. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Hehehe....thank you youngman :)
  4. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Body Wash

Took my girl for a body wash today. This place where I go regularly is near Valluvarkkottam, Chennai. 3 guys including the owner will be attending the car. They do pretty good job.

Body wash & vacuuming - Rs.350
    Full body, Underbody, Engine wash & Vacuuming - Rs.500

001.jpg

002.jpg

After the wash

003.jpg

004.jpg
    5 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  6. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Ohh only that much? Then I'll do that from now on :)
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very nice house Kailash,is there a road so smooth in Chennai as seen in the picture?
  8. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thanks Bala...But unfortunately its owned by some filthy rich guy. Otherwise how else can someone own such a house in T.Nagar. Its next to my building in Sarangapani Street. And one of my favorite spot to take Fiat pics so that the whole pic looks rich! Howz my idea? Someday they'll catch me thinking someone is trying to take pics of their home for some illicit activity. :sad1
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    3 people like this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    1 month old Minda Trumpet Horn Failed

My 1 one month old Minda Skoda type trumpet horn failed today. The original tone has changed to a slight beep tone. Went to the shop 'Genuine Accessories' in Habibullah Road, T.Nagar where I bought the product. They are telling it happened because water entered inside the horn & they can't replace it. After shouting at them for sometime, they agreed to remove it & check it with the Minda guys. I'll know it by evening whether they'll replace it or not. Came to know from other forums that Trumpet horn fails often when water enters inside.

If its not working, Im planning to change it to Hella Black Trumpet Horn. Any users here?? I want Skoda type horn as I personally don't like Fiat's OEM horn sound.

Minda Horn.jpg
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am using Hella Horn (skoda type) for more than 2 years in my car.
    1 person likes this.