1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 Years & Still Going Strong!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Share your service bill once you get your car. I need to do the timing kit for my car in the forthcoming service. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Kailas,
    I had my linea serviced (65k kms) last week at Puduchery Fiat a.s.s
    Price should be lower because of the lower vat at 7 %
    I shall try to scan and post my bill, will have to go to a browsing centre.
    They give the car back on the same day.so you can give your on a Saturday morning,walk around Puduchery and get back your car in the evening and travel back to Chennai.
    My service cost me 13 for all fluids and break pad changed.
    Hope this helps.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bala, can't you take a picture of the bill using your mobile and post it?

How was the service experience at Puducherry FASS? When you mean all fluids, is it brake oil, transmission oil included?
    And didn't you replace the timing kit? It is supposed to be replaced at 60k.
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

@kailasmenon: I was talking about the Clutch Kit and Gear shifter cables. NOT about brakes or anything else.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes Ramesh, a good idea.
    I shall take a picture and post.
    I asked them to change the timing belt repeatedly but they said that Fiat has advised that to be changed only after 95 k kms.( my car does duty only on NH, so maybe not much wear and tear.).Yes, all oils were changed.
    Can't tell much about my experience since my car had no problem to be solved. On the positive side, this is the first time my car was returned back without a problem being created.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To the best of my knowledge, Fiat advices to replace timing chain every 60,000 kms or 4 years which ever comes earlier. This new figure of 95k is something new. I really doubt about this.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    OMG...If had known this a day before!! That interest rate would make a considerable difference. Anyways an advantage giving it in Chennai is that, incase any issue pops up after the service, its easy to get it fixed.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I'll do that. I had enquired in Mohandas Fiat when I was in Trivandrum. They too gave a similar quote of Rs.8000 & said they need 2 days to get the job done.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The service engineer had told me during 60k to change the timing belt only if some noise comes. But this time I asked them to change it as I didn't want to take any risks while traveling long. But as you said, in the manual its clearly written to change it during 60k service.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    But Kailash the money saved on VAT would amount to only around Rs800 and that would be the fuel cost for your trip to Pondy, so not much of a difference.
    1 person likes this.
  10. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    :p :p :p :p :p

- - - Merged Post - - -

Got my Eicher India Road Atlas today. Ordered it from from amazon.in & the price paidwas Rs.278.

Road Atlas New.jpg
    2 people like this.