1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 Years & Still Going Strong!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Kailas: The figures are all bloated up. Am attaching the invoice of my 90HP which underwent clutch and gear shifter cable changes along with few other things very recently at Ramkay. Refer the part and labor costs.

They are the same for Linea and 90HP.

uploadfromtaptalk1395732338805.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  2. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Brake pads + Discs costs you = 3200 + 2200 = 5400 ( Labor = 3000 :evilsmile) . I Suggest you to get them from 99RPM.COM and change them outside.
    Timing Chain - Most of SC's charge you around 7000 Rs.
    Clutch Kit + Release bearing cost you around Rs 6200 ( Labor - 4000 ??)
    Air filter cost - 401 Rs
    Oil Filter - 350 Rs
    Pollen filter - 199 Rs.
    Why the hell they are charging more than MRP Prices. Please check with other dealers too.
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think the price given by RDC is indicative not actual. They might not have known that the data shared by them would be shared here. :)
    2 people like this.
  4. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks for the details...But could you pls tell how the given estimate is inflated? Coz even in 99rp.com the front brake pads costs around Rs.2780 & a pair of brake discs costs around Rs.2245 which sums the total to Rs.5025. Then the labour costs will be extra. Even though the estimate of Rs.8500 given by RDC might be higher, how can I compare it with yours?

Anyone has idea regarding this??
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently my friend has changed Brake pads + Rotors at Butta motors in Hyderabad. Total cost was 6600 Rs in which 1300 Rs was charged on Labor ( Which is very high ).
    New Service center Ankitha Motors charging Rs 550 as Labor charges for changing Brake pads + Rotors. For only brake pads they are charging 450 Rs.

Regards,
    Shashank
    1 person likes this.
  6. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thanks for the details Shashank..

I just called the service guy in RDC & got the break up of the amount mentioned. Here are the details.

Brake Pad (2nos.) - Rs.3300
    Labour - Rs.650
    Brake Discs - Rs.2500
    Labour - Rs.450

Total - Rs.6900.

He said he gave an approx. amount of Rs.8500 first so that later on when I see the bill I would be happy :A

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hhehe...You are right.. Thats their new idea to make the customer happy. Last time also they had given me an estimate of Rs.13000 & when the bill came it was Rs.7500 & I was really happy :dancing
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Next time ask him to quote even more so that you will be very very happy.

Stupid policies. These guys seem to have no professionalism at all.
  8. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    And here is the estimate given for timing chain.

Timing chain (whole kit) - Rs.5500
    Labour - Rs.3000 :eek:

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hehehe...But I must say that the guys in RDC service is very much customer friendly. And the service engineer I deal with, Mr.Santharaj is quite good, even though he quotes more & bill less :-D
    Also today he allowed me to take photographs of the complete service history from the day one from their computer . I didn't have them all with me :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Im planning to try out Bosch service centre once. Heard good review about them. Little hesitant only coz my previous experiences with un authorized service centres are really bad..Ended up paying more & also solved the issues later in authorized sc.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  10. kailasmenon2000

Chennai