1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 Years & Still Going Strong!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    5 years & still going strong!!

Hi friends...

I've always been a Fiat fan. My dad had a Premier Padmini & Uno which made me in love with Fiat. And in 2009, the very first time I saw a Linea overtaking my bike, I was stunned seeing its beauty & decided 'This is gonna be my first car' !!

Today I've completed 70000km & its the 5th year. :)

Never thought of joining the forums. But today, happened to meet a person outside my apartment with his brand new Linea T Get (Same color as mine). In a casual conversation I asked him when did you buy the car. He said 1 month back & he asked me the same question. I said 5yrs...And he couldn't believe it!

Most of the time this happens with service guys & at the care care centres like 3M & Bosche.
    So now I thought i must join the forum, share about my car, my love towards Fiat..

Some days I forget or I don't find time to call my girl friend, but I'll never sleep without a midnight drive in Linea through the beautiful city, Chennai.

Posting few pics of my car. My journey..:)

- - - Merged Post - - -

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

03.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I can see some wonderful seat covers on your car in the first pic. Please a photo of the interiors as well, if possible.

Welcome to TFI. Wishing you many more happy miles with your Linea. :)
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to TFI!! The last pic is stunning..

Happy Riding!
  4. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The car doesnt look like a 5 year old , You have very well maintained you car Congrats on your 5th yeat:cool:
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    The car does not look like 5 years old and you maintained very well. :up

How was your ownership experience in last 5 years? Any major work at service center?
  6. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thanks a lot...Its Stanley seat covers..Its 5yrs old too...Im planning an ecr trip today...Will take more pics of the interior & post it today itself...Feeling happy to see the wonderful response Im getting for my beauty :)

For the time being herez a pic taken in mobile cam... 02.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you Abhishek....It was taken near Ulundurpet, Chennai-Salem highway :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

sakartechin.... Thanks a lot...As I said in my 1st post, it was a dream owning a Linea...Would love to keep the car for lifetime :) That too in same condition :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

kedarbendre.... My ownership experience was wonderful till now. The car is the best in its category... My parents are having a 2010 model Honda city. I love the car, but can never be compared to Linea, esp riding in highways. May be 99-2004 model City can be compared with Linea as we owned one & it was a better car than the present ones. 'City' is an easier car to drive in city, but when it comes to stability & handling, no other cars in this segment can be compared to Linea. Im a person who test drive every car when released, to check whether there is a real competition for Linea. And till now I haven't found one :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

kedarbendre.... Except a small accident happened last year when my friend banged a van which was in front of us in a toll booth, no other major service has been done... Even though it was a very light accident, I had to change the front grill & hood, headlamps :( And the work was done in Hyson motors, Cochin. I wasnt satisfied with their work. Lost the perfection in alignment of the hood & also the paint job was just average. I prefer RDC chennai. They do good job & are customer friendly too. Till now never had a bad experience with them.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Getting prepared for the ECR trip today :) And thats my red Hunk in the frame :)

001.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Have been thinking of changing tyres for sometime now. Thought I'll do that before hitting the highways.
    After long hours of confusion whether to go with Yokos or Michelin, finally went with Yokos, mainly coz the shop near my house, Radial Trading Centre,North Usman Road, T Nagar, run by a good guy named Kannan, who has been doing services on my tyres for long don't sell Michelin. Anyways Ive read good reviews about Yokos. So no worry :)

Had confusions whether to go for an upsize & atlast I didn't, coz Ive read lot of issues in like steering getting harder, power reduced etc. Never wanted to compromise on the perfomance. So I went with the stock size 195/60/R15 :)

Yoko1.jpg Yoko 2.jpg
    5 people like this.
  7. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    ECR-Chennai

Hi...Posting few more pics of my beauty taken in ECR, Chennai :)

And for the first time, it showed 26km/l...This is the first highway drive after changing the tyres.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Awesome pics kailash bhai,
    Your car doesnt looks like its 5 years old & stanley seats too look brand new,Amazing pics & well maintained.
    Isnt this Vocal White colour?its too shiny unlike BNW colour
    70 k in 5 years is great,btw why are headlights got blackened?have they got weak?
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thanks a lot Nadeem....I care her like a baby :) It is vocal white. And the service guys always tell its the most expensive color to maintain as it needs more time to get the proper finish while painting. And also the paint is little more costlier than the others.

I do a lot of Chennai-Kerala trips. Tamil Nadu roads are super cool!

Yes, the headlights got blackened in 4th yr. I replaced it when I had a minor accident. Now its perfect :)

Thanks again for the appreciation. Will post more pics soon :)
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    No thanx Kailash bhai,Fiat's are cared like babies by their owners.Ya vocal white is not easily available for repainting purpose
    Fiat cars are for doing more highway trips,if you replaced headlights how are those still black?why do they get black from inside?
    Pics are a lot so we are thrilled & amazed seeing lots of pics:D:p
    Happy miles with smiles,enjoy the drive with your Linea.