1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6 month old tyres safe or not

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by wasim akram, Jul 25, 2017.

1. wasim akram

wasim akram Amatore

JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    hello friends yesterday i changed my tyres as old were wornout badly and choose continental cc5as replacement.guys im worried about the age of the tyres the manufacturing code mention on three of them is 0317(3rdweek of 2017) and fourth one 1517(15th week of 2017) the first three tyres are almost 6 month old and the fourth one is app.3month old.when i asked the tyre dealer whether he can provide me the tyres with latest manufacturing dates he serched for them but only one tyre with 1517 code was found rest of all tyres were from 0317 stock.guys tell me is it safe to use 6 month old tyres i mean did i commited a mistake by agreeing on installing those three tyres please share your knoledge and experince regarding this.

2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    hi @wasim akram ,
    Though we should try to buy newer tires, its completely OK to buy a six month old tire in my opinion.

3. Nazgul

Nazgul Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do check the tyres for any abnormal cracks, six months should not be a problem. Would suggest you to select the tyres from the same batch.

4. Nia

Nia Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    6 months is perfectly fine if they were kept in cold and dry place... Hope you got it from renowned place, if yes then i dont think its an issue

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

5. wasim akram

wasim akram Amatore

JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    well there are no cracks the tyres are absolutely fine.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 27, 2017 ---
    yes i know the dealer and the tyres were kept inside the store not exposed to sun or outer atmosphere.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 27, 2017 ---
    wel thanks guys for clearing my doubt here but its been three days and approximately 100 kms that i drove on conti cc5 but i dont know the reason for the hard ride even harder than my outgoing tyres goodyear assurance triplemax which i thought are hard.i chose cc5 over earth 1 for the reason that i may have have the comfortable ride but the ride is dam hard and also noise level is not good tyres are audible at hardly 60km/hr.guys i got many positive reviews about the tyres from tfi as well as some other forums but i didnt found any comfort in cc5 and regretting my choice.the tyres are heavy also and thuds when going over potholes and bad roads.its been3 days only and im tired of this response from cc5 tyres which are praised all over india and by dealers also.and for refference guys there is no issue with my suspension as i serviced my car yesterday and got changed both swing arms and schockers were changed earlier this year both in warranty.also on the first day i kept the tyre pressure at 32psi. but yesterday i thought 30psi. may help in smoothening the ride but guys hardly it does so.although the grip oftyre is good,steering is very light and responsive,its has a low rolling resistance and car pulls more freely and efficiently.now im planning to exchange cc5 with apollo alnac 4g or ceat milaze.if i can..your suggestions are wellcomed.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017