1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

6-month jail term for Tata Motors managing director Karl Slym

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, May 7, 2013.

1. The Chandigarh consumer redressal commission has ordered a 6-month jail term for Tata Motors managing director Karl Slym.
    The commission has also slapped a penalty against him. The action by the consumer commission reportedly is on the back of Tata Motor’s failure to comply with a notice to replace faulty parts of a newly-sold Tata Nano.

A company spokesperson, in response to CNBC-TV18’s queries said that they will study the order and take appropriate action. On their part, they claim that despite repeated attempts to pay the consumer compensation and despite repairing the car, they did not receive any co-operation from him.

Source Six months jail term for Tata Motors MD Karl Slym - CNBC-TV18
    1 person likes this.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Good to see actions from court, all i wish that it could be done fast, like within a week.
    No bakwaas..straight result.
    I have seen a Skoda case on TBHP langering arround now for 5yrs ..
  3. Why not take action against the erring dealer? how it will tech a lesson if the MD is jailed?
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Do you think MD will go to jail with folded hands without screwing up the team below him and not to say the dealer too :p
    1 person likes this.
  5. macky

macky Amatore

But, Tatas are more friendly when it comes to accepting a faulty part and replacing it with out much fuss!!, I seriously wish that something of this sort will happen with Skoda and VW group!
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Wish another 6 months to TATA for all the plight at ASS for FIATs..
    1 person likes this.