1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

5K Kms in my New Punto2012, still cant stop!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shakthesh, Jun 7, 2012.

1. shakthesh

shakthesh

Chennai
    280520121964.jpg 260420121908.jpg
    3 people like this.
  2. shakthesh

shakthesh

Chennai
    HEllo Fiat ians,
    Thanks for the warm replies... @Arryan- its true that it prevents kids from pulling out the usb, The extension cord is a grt idea, will try..
    @bala will surely try to stop at signals when they re red!!
    Is it worth to get a GPS device? What make and model ?I ve read a lot of negative reviews that they are not so useful than stopping and asking..

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Very true Cuty red, Its a grt Highway car!!! I felt I got my money's wrth when I drove 520 kms from chennai to coimbatore practically nonstop and alone!! Was initially hesitant on making that trip.. But once I was behind the wheels, It was pure pleasure driving the punto!!! Particulary enjoyed the drive between Salem to Coimbatore under lights>>>
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Congrats Doctor!! She is one great car! You missed on 90 HP, i would say.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Welcome onboard doc.

I think I spotted this car in Tambaram-Velachery road, do you stay around here. Also the registered number looks like Tambaram regn.

Which dealer did you buy the car and how was the showroom experience. Did you TD any other car.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Dr. Shakthesh.
    I too feel like I have seen your car around. You may need to confirm on your location in chennai.

So, it took 4 hours and 30 minutes to reach Coimbatore from Salem. This is just too much. Which route did you take from Chennai to Coimbatore?
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Dr. to TFI with the Grande, and we are happy to read from you the praises about the Grande. No doubt its a monster on the Highway but should be tamed well.
    It has the awesome presence of the road at high speed, which you cannot find in the car of same segments.
    Ofcorse you will hear the wind noise due to the ORVM but its okay dude as it cuts the wind it is bond to happen,
    I have seen most of the new generation cars are coming with the ORVM placed in the door (Peugeot, GMC Captiva / Terrain, Kia, Honda, Lexus)
  8. shakthesh

shakthesh

Chennai
    Yes, The last 60 kms to coimbatore is under construction, So whatever route we take have to pass through that stretch. took me 4 hrs since it was pretty dark as well, oS HAD TO BE WARY OF CONSTRUCTION POTHOLES!!

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Yes I live in tambaram west, CTO colony.. "the world is a small place to stay in"

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Yes I feel I did miss out on the 90 HP, Thats mostly because of the advices " You could buy a sedan for that price" BUt given an option after owning the punto I dd have readily gone for the 90 HP.. ITs a car woth its price...
  9. Dr.Saab,Vehicle is nice and BTW,how much you have done.