1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

5004 kms of Italian Ride

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by pandemd, Nov 21, 2013.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Linea 1.3
    As per the booklet received with my facelift Linea, the schedule is as follows.

1st service: 6 months or 5000 kms whichever is earlier

2nd service: 12 months or 15000 kms, whichever is earlier

And from then onwards every year or 15000 more kms, whichever is earlier.
  2. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^same thing happened with me too.
    During my 30k kms service, fluilds were not changed.
    But don't worry, on upon enquirng about my warranty, its still intact.
    I have asked this same question to mangesh kodalkar, but didn't get prominent reply.
    Fee days back I even ask the dealer why they skip to change fluids, their reply was " Saar, customers shout us on bills, so in order to keep our bill under limit, we didn't change it".I was totally´┐╝:banghead:
  3. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Thanks Vinit Sir,
    Service Schedule you mentioned is a typical one and we all know about this. My query was regarding Major Service wherein all the fluids including Brake Oil, Transmission Oil, Steering Oil etc. is replaced. Thank you for your reply.

Thanks Vtlreja2 for your reply. I took delivery of my Linea on 2nd Apr after servicing. On asking about warranty, Service Advisor assured me saying "Don't worry sir, your car is very much in warranty" but I don't understand why one service advisor says "There would be problems for warranty claims" and one service advisor say "Don't worry" and both of them are from very same FASS.

Anyways just to update you all; it was a 45000 kms service and all the fluids were replaced. Bill paid for this service was Rs. 11865.00 which includes Rs. 1050.00 for Engine Bay Coating (Engine Lacquering); which I doubt is of any practical use. Fellow members please throw some light on this.

The car is in very good condition after servicing and I was really worried after reading lots of negative reviews on Sky Moto Fiat but this time also I am positive for them. Only problem being "One need to have lot of time spare for dealing with them". They took good 1.5 - 2.0 hrs to handover ready for delivery car to me that day.

With this service following are the statistics for the car till date (Thanks to aCar)

1. Total Running Costs : Rs. 2,16,896.73
    2. Running Cost / Km : Rs. 4.89 / Km
    3. Total Fuel Cost : Rs. 1,61,939.72
    4. Total Fuel Consumed : 2,807.31 Ltr
    5. Average Fuel Price : Rs. 57.68 per Ltr
    6. Fuel Cost / Km : Rs. 3.655 / Km
    7. Min Km/Ltr : 10.785 Km / Ltr
    8. Max Km/Ltr : 22.65 Km/Ltr
    9. Avg Km/Ltr : 15.84 Km/Ltr
    10. Total Services Cost : Rs. 30,639.01
    11. Service Cost / Km : Rs. 0.693 / Km
    12. Expenses Cost : Rs. 24318.00
    13. Expenses Cost / Km : 0.550 Km / Ltr
    14. Total Cost of Ownership : Rs. 10,96,896.75
    15. Cost of Ownership per Km : Rs. 24.79 per Km
    16. Average Running Per Day : 46.00 Km / Day
    PradeepM and rohitsharma like this.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Linea 1.3
    The major service as per the manual is every alternate year i.e. 2nd, 4th, 6th OR every 30000 Kms whichever is earlier.
  5. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Thanks for the reply. I checked with my manual and www.fiat-india.com/service. It suggests replacement of all the fluids on completion of 60000 km or 2 years whichever is earlier. So for the driving usage like me it would be around 30000 Kms or 2 years whichever is earlier.

6. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Hi All,
    After recent service, I was having a feeling that the performance is improved drastically. It was evident on highways and even in traffic where earlier I used to downshift the gear soon to pick up from stationary in bumper to bumper traffic. But after last service, which was done in April, I feel the performance is improved in terms of pickup. And I was observing fuel consumption for last three tankful to tankful fillings, average consumption is dropped by 2 to 2.5 km/ltr. I am now getting average consumption of just 14.5 to 16 kmpl for last three fillings.

Does anybody have similar experience after recent service?
    avithe1 likes this.
  7. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I agree with @pandemd. Performance have improved after 30K service. I did it at 29200km since I am going to have a long drive of 1500km this weekend. I am yet to know about the fuel consumption. Will post the update on fuel consumption after I have my drive. Till now with my avventura i am getting 15 to 16 kmpl.

They have changed the brake pads also with the last service. By the way for how many km the breakpad has to be changed? The service bill was 15K. :(.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 20, 2016 ---
    @vinit . Thanks for sharing the acar app information. I never knew, we have an app for this. Let me try using and see how it goes.
    PradeepM likes this.