1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

5 years & 1.50 Lakh Kms - A short recap

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arian, Nov 17, 2014.

1. linea7361

linea7361 Timido

thane
    @ Arian...need ur opinion about the R.S.motors at kandivali..as my car has clocked 74k and I am thinking for timing chain and clutch as a preventive maintenance... Though car is not showing any sign of low pick up or gear changing problem or any metallic sound of timing chain... Today morning only I spoke to SA named Devendra at Balaji at Turbhe..he quoted me 10k for clutch and 10k for timing chain..lol...so i
    am thinking at get it done from RS only....have u done any mechanical work during ur 1.50lac km ...
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @linea7361, the guys at RS do a pretty decent job as far as my own experience is concerned. If you need to get a quotation from them send them an email or call their no. and speak to Mr. Rajesh or Rajendra or Mr. Michael. In case of any issues with service always speak to Mr. Deshmukh there, he makes sure your queries or problems are sorted out. Just one more thing, please don't drive the Linea without timing change overhaul as per specified change interval like 60K kms. If clutch and gear change is fine don't touch it, use it as long as it works. The car can need more expenses as it ages, so spend the money on things that are worn out more or need more urgent attention.
    linea7361 and prabhjot like this.
  3. linea7361

linea7361 Timido

thane
    @ asimpleson Thanks for the valuable advice.....tommrow will check at kandivali.....cheers
  4. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    @linea7361,
    I would recommend RS motors over Balaji anyday. RS guys know in and out of FIAT and they never ask you replace things unnecessarily. Having experienced almost all FIAT SCs from 2009 (Wasan Chembur, TATA Worli, Fortune Powai, Balaji Thane and Torrid) I conclude that RS is the best in Mumbai, atleast for me. With Balaji its a hit or miss and I dont trust them too much. All my work post 1 lakh kms has been done at RS.
    WRT the timing chain I strongly recommend changing it asap as anything above 60k without change is a risky proposition. Even I changed mine without any clear warning sign. I have seen Lineas at SCs that have needed costly repairs without timing chain work. Also the engine and cranking becomes much smoother.

Thanks
    linea7361 and prabhjot like this.
  5. linea7361

linea7361 Timido

thane
    @ Arian...yep some half an hour back dropped my car...they quoted 2400 for labour and 4500 for chain kit...excluding tensioner they said they will check if its required then only they will put. .in case if it is required then additional 2200 ... But Mr.Rajesh said most cases tensioner is not required...let's see how car behaves after the overhaul...Thanks Arian and Asimpleson .. Cheers
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 21, 2014 ---
    Ha forgot to mention Mr.Rajendra test drove the vehicle he said clutch is absolutely fine....Honestly for the first time in life some Fiat guy checked my car with 100% attention I asked for some strut pad sound so they checked very accurately... unlike these Balaji thane guys...
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  6. linea7361

linea7361 Timido

thane
    Hi team. Got my Linea today, post timing Chain overhaul it is super smooth, cranking got more quick and less audible. Engine sounds more smooth and silent. Damage to the pocket Rs.8488 excluding engine oil as it was given by me and they did not put the tensioner.

Thanks Arian and asimpleson.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014