1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

49 days 4800 kms: Getting ready for the 1st service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by RedPoint, Sep 16, 2013.

1. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Rajen. Sure, Will join you some day ! :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Took delivery of vehicle yesterday evening. Will post few pictures a little later. There was a small celebration (Cake cutting, Sweets distribution, pooja) at showroom.

Extended warranty card will be given after 10-15 days as told by the SA. Set of FUSE they are yet to provide.

As Shams said (100 % correct), the seat cover was not provided though I had a written list and a prior reminder to them. Rest of the accessories were given as agreed.
    They have asked me a day or two for seat covers. I told them that I can give you time for only one day. Left the car at Ramkay today morning for seat cover fitment. They promised me that I can pick it by evening with the seat covers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats mate.do post lots of pics of your car & review of your car
    1 person likes this.
  4. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Have got my Punto 1.3 Emotion on Sep-20 in my hand. Vehicle was standing idle for the next one week after delivery. Now I have done 4750 kms and my red punto is ready to go for the 1st service tomorrow.

I have no niggles so far and I am 100% satisfied with my choice. In the total 4750 kms drive, only 2-5% is city drive and rest is on highway. While driving on highway, this is the real BEAST, could not believe that I got a car with this much capability. One of my close friend who has zero interest on fiat cars has now planning to get a punto. Because he was so impressed by the control and driving pleasure in his 400 km drive, he was able to do effortless 160kmph.(Was done after 4000 kms and just for few kilometers to check the ability on a straight empty highway, otherwise it was with in the safer speed)
    I have got an average FE of 15.7kmpl for the whole 4750kms and my last trip (400 kms) fetched around 19.9 kmpl on highway. Hopefully this will increase a bit more after my 1st service.

I am enjoyong with my punto so far and I am a happy punto owner.:)
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    Congrats on your purchase mate. Enjoy the ride ;)
    1 person likes this.
  6. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Kudos for the punto's driving capability. Enjoy the unlimited miles ahead. :)

Sent From Canvas 4 using Tapatalk
  7. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Got my car serviced (1st free service) at Ramkay fiat on Saturday. I was eager to see my car getting serviced, but could not do as I need to rush to someother planned work. Hence I left my car and came back. I would need to make sure my presence at 15k service.

There is only one complaint which the vehicle is pulling slightly right at times while cruising around 80kmph. After completing my work outside I was trying to call the service desk to get to know the time of delivery. To my surprise no one have picked my call after 3pm and did not get updates from them on the delivery time of my car after service. However I could catch the SA after 6 pm and he promised that he will deliver it by 8pm. But the car was delivered at 9pm.

Interior was cleaned enough and satisfied, and not convinced with the exterior wash. Could spot the water drain marks over the body here and there. As per the service adv (Dilip), they made a tyre rotation to overcome the right pulling issue and he said the wheel alingment had no issues. Got a report for the wheel alignment check (on demand). Had no chance to drive over 80 kmph speed to check the pulling issue. Probably would do in a couple of days.