1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

48 hours and a thousand kilometers

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by xerxys rule, Apr 18, 2011.

1. :redcar:redcar....at last i got my red stallion delivered...it was all confusing and time consuming...

And here iam at the computer after 48hours of its delivery and a 900(nine hundred) kilometers...it was all wonderful....it was a very good drive...will tell u a few pro's n con's that i discovered....

1. a few squeaks( squeaking sounds)

2. rattles (rattling sounds)

3. the drivers seat has no thigh support , which can give u a ache

4. the a/c is satisfactory

5.nice mileage..u'll love it

6. the suspension does its job really well...the best next to skoda fabia (it has got the best suspension in all the hatch backs)

7. The MID does a neat job...everythin in the multi information display is good

8. the car handles itself very well..the ABS is a boon ....

9. but where is the aux port....what is wrong with FIAT,,,somethin terrible :punch:punch FIAT :punch:punch

all these are minor but tend to catch u often at times....the silly mistakes ....

As even we do mistakes ..it so happened on my way back..i had to stop for fuel, n wen refuelling that senseless guy at the fuel station "FILLED MY DIESEL TANK WITH "PETROL"":shocked:rage ... i was like 150 kms from my destination, on a high way late at night , knowing nothing on wat to do , ???????????????? and the horror began............................................i did sumthin horrible, i called all the people i knew who know abt cars , and some mechanics too, ...............................and

AND LET ME TELL U THIS FIRSTLY , FIAT WAS OF NO ASSISTENCE NOR OF ANY USE, I HAD TO CALL FOUR DIFFERENT NUMBERS, AND ONE AFTER THE OTHER THEY GAVE ME THE NUMBERS AND THE LAST GUY I CALLED GAVE ME THE NUMBER OF THE FIRST PERSON I CALLED, SO IT WAS LIKE GOIN ROUND N ROUND.....

ANYWAYS ITS A NICE CAR N I LOVE IT..............SO HAPPY DRIVING.....AND AVOID SILLY MISTAKES...........AND RIDE ALONG
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yet another disappointing AS s experience from fiat. and who said they are improving..come on guys fiat AS s s**Ks

sqeaks,rattles and noise in a new car is again indication of poor PDI done at showroom service.
  3. one month,5000happy kms,and first service

been good all the way.........

i got the first servicing got done today...its been a month and 5000 kilometres...the service was good,,,courteous advisors...detailed explanations...and a new wash job........and after all this they insisted i give them the best feedback...10 on 10....i guess somebod on the top heard all the grievences.........
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good to see some serious km's being put on the diesel.

Did you change the engine oil at the first service?

Gurjinder.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Has the engine become smooth and do you feel the difference in drive?. whats the FE you are getting n now.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note- Thread merged with the existing ownership thread started by the user. Kindly do not start new threads for every update. One ownership thread should be used for all updates. Thanks.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    xerxyex, so did you empty the tank which was filled with Petrol before starting????, Did you not tell that dumb guy to fill diesel???.
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Good to hear that you covered 1000kms in 2 days. I completed 1900kms in two days.. From bangalore to kanyakumari, and vice-versa.
  9. issues with the A/C ???

i've had bad encounter with my car....the a/c failed in the very first week,,,,,,it was a failure.....and after a few calls and 300 hundred kilometers of driving back to the work shop ..got it all fixed with a helping hand from the work shop guys...it was all under warranty,,,,,,,back to happy driving again..........

25042011563.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Merged.