1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

4 million 1.3 16v MultiJet engines produced

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by amogh, Feb 8, 2011.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Production target of 4 million 1.3 16v MultiJet engines exceeded

The 4 millionth 1.3 16v MultiJet engine left the Fiat Powertrain plant in Bielsko Biala, Poland, on Friday 4th February.This is a prestigious achievement, which testifies to the great success that this small diesel engine has achieved since 2003, the year in which production began, featuring the first ever application of MultiJet technology on a world-wide scale. It is the evolution of the Common Rail system invented by Fiat in 1997.Constantly updated in terms of technological content, the 1.3 16v MultiJet (currently produced in its latest development, known across the world as the MultiJet II) has been awarded many important prizes, including Engine of the Year (1.0-1.4 litre category) in 2005.The engine is available with several power levels: from 75 HP, with fixed geometry turbocharger, to 85 HP and even 95 HP, both with variable geometry turbocharger. In all versions, the MultiJet ensures high performance levels and low consumption levels as well as - thanks to its cutting-edge technology - offering very long service intervals: oil change every 35,000 kilometres and service every 250,000 kilometres.The MultiJet is fitted on a large number of cars from the Fiat Group Automobiles range, from the Fiat Panda to the models in the Punto family, from the Lancia Ypsilon to the Fiat Qubo, the Alfa Romeo MiTo (under the trade name JTDm) and the Fiat 500. Indeed, it is on a Fiat 500 intended for a French customer that the 4 millionth MultiJet will be installed, specifically a 95 HP Euro 5.Since 2008, the 1.3 16v MultiJet is also produced in the Fiat Powertrain plant in Ranjangaon in India.

[attachment=1:2xfowbfq]110208_FGA_4Milioni_01.jpg[/attachment:2xfowbfq][attachment=0:2xfowbfq]110208_FGA_4Milioni_02.jpg[/attachment:2xfowbfq]

110208_FGA_4Milioni_01.jpg

110208_FGA_4Milioni_02.jpg
    livelyyoungman and Deepak R like this.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    :wow This is a great achievement. FIAT should be advertising this, most VDI/Quadrajet owners does not even know their car is running with FIAT Heart.
    1 person likes this.
  3. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Congrats FIAT on this great achievements - hope to see you reach the 10 million mark asap. I think the multijet is one of the best thing to happen to me and now I can boast that out of the 4 million engines - I am party to it with 2 engines at my house too...
  4. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

So, you bought 0.00005% of the entire production. lol
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I also have 0.00005% of the entire production. Because I also own 2 Multijets

Grande Punto & Maruti Swift Dzire VDi ::D
    Raj_pol likes this.
  6. :wow :wow and more :wow
    CHAK DE FATTE.....:)
    gr8888888 news.... :clap
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great News buddy, why are the Fiatians hidding all these stuffs, ::OO
    Happy to be a memeber of the family, and feel pitty for those who have the Heart of great Giant but yet not a family member. :car
  8. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Amazing photos Amogh and good news for all!!!
    Best luck FIAT. But I'l be happy when they will sell 1,00,000th Linea/Punto in India as early as possible.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    yep even i am waiting for that great day, will be very happy
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Congrats to FIAT And FIAT POWERTRAINS :clapping :wow
    This goes for a celebration ::D

Are we getting any goodies for this?? :mrgreen: