1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3rd party service or fiat service

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by abhiiceman, Feb 28, 2016.

1. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    our multijet punto is 3yrs old with only 8.5k on the odo:(.have not changed the oil that came with car till date, finally all things are falling into place for leaving it for service:facepalm: .

my query is in the last paid service at vecto motors they charged 7k with no oil changeo_O i didn't look into it that time thinking that is normal for 4-wheelers but later found out that innova and honda city costs 3 to 4k with oil change, it was literally wtf moment when heard this, then came across that asian's cars are cheaper to maintain but still this much!..
    hence thinking of going to Bosch car service or any other as the warranty has also expired, if anyone has any experience with this please share..
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    IMO, the oil must have been changed, otherwise the cost of the paid service would not have been 7K. I had paid around 7K for my second service which included oil changes, all filter changes.

Even if your car has not clocked miles, the original oil should be removed and replaced with new oil.
    abhiiceman likes this.
  3. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,
    FASS are not better they always try to rip you apart if you are not alert while servicing.
    If you want good service from other service centre you can go for pride cars in bsk 2nd stage.
    Mr Naik is good and customer friendly and reasonable in service.
    abhiiceman likes this.
  4. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    Can someone give me list of parts changed during normal service with oil change. .. And does the diesel filter need to he replaced at every oil change?
    And with the ac on the acceleration drops drastically now a days will changing polen filter rectify that?
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Better to change the Fuel filter during the oil change so that everything is fresh. Normally during the yearly service schedule you change the engine oil, top up brake oil, gear oil, coolant, replace the air, fuel and oil filter.

Acceleration does not relate to pollen filter and generally with AC on, acceleration should not be an issue although there will be a bit of sluggishness due to the load on the engine. Pollen filter is usually changed when you sense foul air inside the cabin when taking outside air. I am not too sure if the recirculated air is related to pollen filter. Experts can comment.

I generally follow a thumb rule when it comes to AC. I switch the AC on when I am in 4 or 5th gear. This way there is less load on engine during the initial acceleration. Also at signals i tend to switch off the AC and switch it back as stated above.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check in the owners manual for all the things which have to be changed during services.
    If you are so apprehensive about what the service centers are doing, buy all the things and go to a good mechanic for the service. You can see everything in front of your eyes and go back with your car in an hour max, fully satisfied, which I ve been doing for the past 2-3 years since my warranty expired.
    Iyu likes this.
  7. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    got it serviced from AAdya motors bangalore, damn its far from my place. the address which they gave on the phone was that of the showroom and only after reaching there they informed service center is about 4 kms from there. then left the car on Saturday he said i could collect it on sunday but later calls me tell EGR hose need to be replaced it would cost about 4k something. then i confirmed him about the replacement within 15min, for which the guy said it too late we cant repair it by tomorrow you would only get the car on tuesday since monday was shivarathri fest.
    btw total bill came up to 17.6k
    any how my mom received the car from the driver who charged 150bucks. i only drove it the next morning where
    1) i noticed both the rubbers covering the mirror adjustment mechanism where missing,
    2)then the rear fog lamp misalignment was not rectified
    3)there's a huge turbo spool noise inside the cabin even with all windows closed, from the middle portion of the dash i guess. it may feel addictive but i find any noise inside with closed windows annoying. infact i would like to know if this is how punto meant to be or theirs a issue here? because till date i has never come across this from the day one, the turbo noise was only audible with open window that too next to barricades.
    finally decided never to go for FASS

:)anyway good part is car is flying now, im a biker always found driving kind of boring may be because of the diesel i guess which doesn't love revving, before the service car was almost dead with he AC, but now lol the back push it gives while clutch release is awesome :facepalm now it reminds of abarth , lol feels like cars gonna torque steer on asphalt...