1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3M / Wurth Authorized service in Trivandrum

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by limraj, Mar 10, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks Aseem. Although the 3M guys had confirmed for 3 yrs, I will getting the anti rust coating done after the second monsoon for my Punto. 3M guys dont measure the thickness of the coating which would made it clearer whether new Punto/Linea owners need to go for the underbody treatment after the getting the vehicle.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    That's a nice idea.

I had a paint treatment (called 'teflon coating') as part of the offer when I bought the car. I don't think there is significant deterioration of the paint, but there are lot of scratches by other motorists etc. I will anyway check their feedback and then decide to do paint protection now or not.

Thank you varun. I will check these two places soon. I guess the service road will be on the right side after Chakka Jn, when I go from Technopark.
    Is Meguirs better than 3M or Wurth? How long they last? 3 years?
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually 3M also uses meguirs products .. have seen it in some threads in tfi !! they are very good international products, check it here: Meguiar's : Car Care Products
    They also give warranty on the work, dont remember the duration now though !!
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you.
    When I know their warranty info, I shall update.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I have been to both these places, last Monday (31 Mar) in the afternoon. Both were closed.
    3M shop at Bypass junction gave me a feeling that they are closed recently for good. The shutter was rolled up and I could see the interior of the shop. Nothing except a blue table in.

The Pete's shop had even their gates closed as if they had off on Monday.