1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3M Paint Protection Treatment - Review

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by VahanPujari, May 31, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    The review of the 1st application of 3M Paint Protection is here in this link (got to post written on 29 May 2010, 23:02 time) -->>http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=28&start=40

I found it to be excellent. The car became Like-New & I love to keep my car Like-new. The other thing for its effectiveness is that unlike earlier when I used to wax my car after every 1-2 months, I've now not waxed my car in last 5 months. It made me lazy. ::D
  2. Oh Yes, I did go through the review of the first application.

That says it. Thanks :)
    As a temporary measure ( hate to see those little scratches on the most susceptible areas), I have put Scratch guard strips today. Lets see their effectiveness.
  3. en_arvind

en_arvind

Chennai
    I did my 3M treatment last week. The 3M guy said it was "surface treatment" and not mere Polish...don't understand the mumbo-jumbo, but after the treatment, LOT of scratches have disappeared. There were lot of nicks on the doors due to key touching the surface or the cleaning guy using a cloth on a dry, dirty surface. All of them have disappeared. There are some deep scratches though which have not gone. The car now looks as good as new.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    @VP, how's the 3M effect now that it's more than 2years ? Has there been any good or bad effects or no effects but a hard hit on the purse ? :confused:

Came me across this link, interesting to note that there is a engine waxing as well

Enrichment Price Details
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  5. Linea2013

Linea2013 Timido

Trivandrum
    There is no need to go for any 3M treatments these days especially for a new car, all the premium car care products are available in India online. When you buy a new car just buy some basic products like a sealant or wax, some cleaning liquids and car shampoo, and some good quality microfiber towels from any online sites like GreenZ Car Care India - Car care products | Car detailing Products or auto fresh and do it yourself, many of these guys can even help you on how to apply these products (much details are on the website itself). And then follow a good maintenance like apply sealants/wax periodically based on the durability and follow a two-bucket method of washing etc. This will turn out to be a good workout as well and of course saves a lot of your money too :)
    2 people like this.