1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3M Car Care HSR Layout – First 3M Car Care Store for India

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nkrishnap, Nov 12, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That is really high. I never did wash and wax with them. Once in a while I go to 3M, Nungambakkam and just do foam wash which costs around Rs. 450.

Edit:- Forgot to mention. They always covered the underbody too. :D
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. Are you not doing your own car wash now with bosch washer?
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You caught me now. :D

Now (since last couple of weeks), the wash is completely done by me only. I was talking about the scenario before getting the Bosch Aquatak 100.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Bangalore, most of the places just for washing (no underbody) in roadside, it will cost 250 - 300.
    Where I stay, there is one new outlet open, "carshine", from Nippon Paint, they charge same ~900 for washing and waxing with some synthetic wax.

I had used 3M wash and wax from HSR outlet, and I found that to be better.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Yes Ravi. 3M is better no doubt. And also I think the pricing is same across all the 3M outlets.

OT:- I don't think I will again visit 3M or any other car wash centre. Just got the Bosch Aquatak 100 and it is awesome.
    1 person likes this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes Ramesh, second that. 3M as a brand is any day better than other outlets.

I can draw a parallel here. Some ASSs I know of do exemplary work when the customer has a rapport with either the proprietor or some high official there. It is no way the customer's fault. Each customer is paying the same and they ought to get the same. :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It is a very common thing for any business establishment to have die-hard customers and die-hard haters. I, for example have never every visited the historic MTR in Lalbagh road, as I simply do not endorse the concept of standing in a queue for food. But that is just me. I know of people who love to go there for the reportedly awesome food and do not have any problems waiting in a queue, almost every other week. Each to his own.

But what I fail to understand is some members going all out in support of the vendors, to the extent of calling competitors names and getting to personal levels with fellow members who write a negative review. It is almost as if they had some personal interest in the said vendor's business. Let us face it - there is no such thing as free lunch. The vendor encourages and supports a few members, so that they will spread the word. Word of mouth has so far proven to be the best way to advertise. Ironically, I have heard the very same vendors, calling the very same die-hard fans a PITA in their absence.

To me, that says it all :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    :evilsmile
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not sure if your post is towards my post, regarding Carshine, but that the truth for me.
    I don't know what you found personal comments in my post.

Everybody is free to post negative review, but let us also allow to post good thing if somebody feels it.
    There is nothing general about feedback, for same place one gets good response and some gets bad response (without any personal interest).
    4 people like this.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    More miscommunication happen through forums, emails, texts than the Face to Face communication. :D