1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3M Car Care HSR Layout – First 3M Car Care Store for India

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nkrishnap, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

Was the pics of the mirror and wheel arches taken before u left the store (3m) or after you drove back home ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

The reason i am asking is when you happen to notice the tyre sidewalls and sidhu also did n took care of it. M suprised either you nor him noticed the wheel arches :eek:
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

After I went home, Mohan. As I have already mentioned. Had I seen it there, would have brought it to Sidhu's notice.

I barely drove 3 kms in traffic to home, with speeds not enough to splatter a bug and the roads were dry. :)

Sidhu stepped into office only after the car was ready and brought out for delivery. It was just lying parked while we were chatting over chai. I took the work for granted and only after I reach home I noticed the wheel arches.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

^^ I experienced similar issue with 3M in JP nagar as well, the cleaning is not upto the mark can see lot of mud etc left uncleared even after paying 900 odd bucks !
    1 person likes this.
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Had the same experience once at 3M HSR. In my case it was with the guy who was washing the car. He was initially reluctant to do an under body wash and did that when I insisted.

I believe even Siddhu has hard time in getting work done from those guys. Unless he is there at the servicing area, you won't really get what you pay for.
    I still remember how our driver used to clean the wheel arches and mud flap every day, which these apartment security or even the water servicing people fail to do.
    1 person likes this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Quoting from TBHP:

By a member fiat_tarun. This is how a 3M store is meant to operate and treat customers. 3M HSR can take a leaf or two and learn. Dushy never hesitates to re-do the job when there is even some minor defect. My sun-films on 2 windows were replaced on 2 different occasions due to bubble formation. Paint sealant treatment was redone for the whole roof while I showed him few spots the next day. Goes on. I am always delighted to do business with him. Hope this is not OT here, if yes, please move it to appropriate thread.
    6 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Sorry about the OT, but this is what I feel:

1. Some of us, either by frequenting, or by some other source, become friendly with owners / managers of service provider's outlet
    2. They in turn ensure that we get better treatment, than what a walk in customer would get
    3. Then we come on internet forums and wax eloquent about the service provider, without realizing that the employees of these service providers resent our interference
    4. Fellow members who read our reviews go there with great expectations. They do not know the people there, but quote the member who recommended and the forum
    5. The service provider's employees see an opportunity to express their resentment
    6. This leads to a scenario, where the owner / manager's presence is necessary to ensure good service

Of course there are service providers like the one in Driv3r's quote, who provide great service to anyone who goes to them, but such providers are few and far between. I may be totally off the mark here, but these are my observations. One of the many reasons why I never put any forum stickers on my car.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    8 people like this.
  7. CrAzY dRiVeR

CrAzY dRiVeR Timido

My car was full of dust and dirt collected from the states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Almost 2000 kilometers of driving through heavy rains meant layers of dirt and mud on the car. Infact - the original colour was not visible anymore.

There was only one place that I trusted to restore it back to showroom condition. Brilliant work by Sidhu and his team @ 3M HSR layout.
    Let the pictures speak the story of the transformation - By the way - the car is 48.5k kms old.

Water wash.jpg

Foam wash_800.jpg

Back snow.jpg

8 people like this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Good for you, the body is looking great. Would love to see the condition of your wheel wells. As I can make out in one of the pics, (Rear left wheel arch) doesn't seem to be cleaned well.

The reason why I mainly go for a professional wash is to get the tough part of the job done. Anyone can do a fairly decent body wash at home itself, there are more areas to be attended to than what just meets the eye.

I do not mind a dirty body per se, (In my case, after the car was ready, the LH front door still had stains, and the tyres were still dirty, both were attended to after I pointed it out, but I expect someone from the store to do the QC, I cannot be bending over and checking for dirt at the store) but I do mind a dirty wheel well after a body wash. Let 3M follow their policy of not doing a under-chassis wash, but atleast the wheel wells should be cleaned.

I'd really hope they give out the same treatment to all their customers irrespective of you know what. :)
    2 people like this.
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Looks like even Crazydriver's car didn't get an underbody wash. It was not put on ramp.

I don't think it's a policy or anything of that sort. It must be based on the availability of the ramp and the insistence of customers. Seriously, very few care to pay attention to such nook and corners.

Or is it because they are scared of the 3M underbody coating peeling off with such a pressurised water?

I remembered paying around 800 for a normal wash n wax with interior vacuum. What is the price now?
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

When I meant policy, I meant for 3M HSR Layout. :D

3M Chennai always politely obliges for the underbody also to be covered, when customer requests. So it is not a policy by 3M by any means of imagination. What was more of a face palm moment for me were the reasons given justifying their act of not covering the underbody.

Leave alone the underbody buddy, the wheel wells need to be cleaned irrespective of whether the underbody is covered or not. You don't need a ramp for that either.

The cost for a wash and wax is like 890 INR now.