1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3M Car Care HSR Layout – First 3M Car Care Store for India

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nkrishnap, Nov 12, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    With the purchase of the Linea it was time to visit the 3M car care for the below things to be done on the car

Things that were done on the car.

1. Underbody coating - 5 year
    2. Paint Sealant
    3. Engine Lacquer
    4. PPF for the ORVMs
    5. 3M Car Mats for the rear seat footwell

The photologue of the things done on the car.

The car getting washed first.

IMG_8171.JPG

Foam applied to the car

IMG_8184.JPG

The cash washed with water and wiped. Now the being readied for underbody coating

IMG_8206.JPG

After the underbody Coating

IMG_8211.JPG

A random with the lights under the body checking for proper application of the underbody coating

IMG_8215.JPG

The car undergoing the paint sealant treatment.

IMG_8221.JPG

After the sealant work.

IMG_8241.JPG

IMG_8249.JPG

Then decided on the Engine Lacquer coating. So took the car back to get this done.

Air blown to clear out water/moisture if any.

IMG_8860.JPG

The engine bay ready for Lacquer coating

IMG_8861.JPG

Lacquer coating been done

IMG_8862.JPG

IMG_8866.JPG

The engine bay after Lacquer coating

IMG_8878.JPG

Linea and its sibling (my cousin's car) together

IMG_8871.JPG

Got the Paint Protection Film installed on the ORVMs to keep it safe from scratches mostly from 2 wheelers.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The 3M car mats. Can be custom fit as per the requirement.

3M Mats.jpg

The service offered is fantastic and the work done is top notch.

The services offered and the cost details will follow soon in the coming posts.

By the way will I go back to Siddu's Shop for my car or recommend somebody to his shop - A resounding HELL YEAH!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    9 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great review.

Is this paint sealant recommended for old car also, or is it for new cars only? And what is this engine Lacquer coating, what this for?

If possible, do post cost break-up?
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I will post the cost details for the services provided soon. Waiting to receive the same.

The paint sealant is for the new car. It majorly protects the car from the painted surface damaged from bird droppings, hard water, salt water, from harsh weather conditions.

The engine lacquer coating is also done for similar purpose more so for the engine bay. Helps in keeping the rust prone parts free due to the clear coat on the engine parts.

For the old cars there are other services which I will list down a little later. Need some time to pen it down.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great work nkrishnap. I have also done this except for the Engine treatment which you have done.

3M provides Paint sealant for both New and Old cars. For new cars it costs less and for old cars they charge more. Look at the below page from their catalogue. They also have another package called Exterior Restorer.
    The pricing may be outdated. :)

IMG00022201201211140.jpg

IMG00021201201211140.jpg

See the complete catalogue here - 3M Car Care (Chennai) - Page 3 - Team-BHP
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The prices seems a bit old. Waiting to get the updated ones to post it for the benefit of the TFI members.

3M really helps keeping the car spanking new.
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The car had got dirty and there was lost of dust and grime on the car. So decided get the car washed and waxed from 3M Car Care in HSR Layout. The total cost was (895+12.36% ST) = INR 1,006/-

A few pictures. Excuse me for the quality of pics, these were taken from mobile camera

The car ready for the wash

1.jpg

High pressure water sprayed to the Wheel wheels to blast away the dirt.

2.jpg

The car rinsed with the foam

3.jpg

4.jpg

The video of the washing process

The car back on top after the wiping ready for waxing.

5.jpg

The waxing begins

9.jpg

After effects of waxing

8.jpg

10.jpg

The interiors where vacuumed and cleaned too

6.jpg

7.jpg

End Result

11.jpg

12.jpg

I am grateful to the boys at 3M for helping me keep my car looking as good as new.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    6 people like this.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They have multibrand stores all across the Bangalore South and West (JP Nagar, Marathalli, HSR Layout) as well Indiranagar, Ashwath Nagar and Vittal Malya Road too.

3M India: Where to Buy
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Had visited 3M HSR car care for the foam wash as the car was dirty due to the courtesy of rain during the past week. Met up Karthik, Autocrat, Mohan and Rajshekhar (Raj29). Raj29 and Mohan got the car washed and waxed too.

Here we go with the result of my Linea being spanking clean and Karthik brand new Tjet (one can easily get fooled as a brand new car, such is the maintenance).

My Linea

20130427_172334.jpg

20130427_172343.jpg

20130427_172350.jpg

20130427_172401.jpg

20130427_172410.jpg

Karthik's Linea

20130427_164228.jpg

20130427_164242.jpg

20130427_164301.jpg

A neat job done on both cars needs no mention as usual from the 3M HSR boys.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    This 3M is the best as per me cos i stay 100 mts away from another 3m RMV Extn to be precise the reception and the work ethics is totally opposites of the scale... thts the reason i travel 17 kms to HSR layout for all the detailing work...

All the treatments done until now by 3m HSR for my car..

1. Paint Sealant - Approx 1 month ago

Car being prepd with the washing

Then clay rubbing and machine polish followed by the paint sealant

The EnD Result

2. CARBON FIBRE wrap for all the black plastic around the doors and the wiper bay area

3. PAINT PROTECTION FILM - for the door edges.

Sorry dont have pics of these.

4. The most recent treatment - UNDER BODY ANTI - CORROSION treatment

The warranty card for 5 year warranty and 10 free inspections

This has Sound dampening characteristics as well as the tyre noise and road noise has significantly reduced from entering the cabin.

The Work ethics of these guys is wat makes me chose this place over the place that's just a stone throw away from my house..

With all the major services offered by them is done...

M car is 3m'ED..

Except the nomad mats with i am thinking of down the line..

Keep up the good work guys.. !! Big Shout out for Owner SIdhu who is as jovial and welcoming every single time.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Well, the car was as dirty as it could be and hence thought to take the car to 3M, HSR Layout to get it washed and waxed.(Powershine)

This is my experience and pics are there for you to see, naysayers can please ignore and go back to what you were doing. And Sidhu/Pradeep who ever is reading this, take this as your feedback!

Went there by 11 and was attended by Pradeep. I said that I needed a wash and wax. He asked me how old my car is and immediately suggested me to go for CF Vinyl for the hood plastic. I politely said, maybe next time.

The job card was prepared and I checked with him if the underbody can also be covered for the wash as it was quite dirty. (3M guys at Chennai, (Dushy) promptly does that on request) I was told NO. I asked why, and Pradeep went on to say, it is not recommended. I was like WTF, then how do you wash cars which come to under-body treatment to 3M? He said, in that case it would be done, as we would wash, dry the surface and then blow compressed air to dry it. Fair enough, you need to keep it as dry as possible else you underbody coating ain't gonna stick. Then I said, then do it for me, again he goes, No sir, if we wash it, water might stay there and it will rust. I tried explaining to him that dirt and muck is even more dangerous, and asked if do you think water never gets there when we drive during rains, he was clueless. Finally, I asked him if he is going to do that or not, and he said if bay is free I will do it, sir, now it's free.

Meanwhile, he showed me few tar spots and recommended me to go for paint sealant treatment! :eek: I said, no thanks, can't you just remove the tar spots, you have some spray for that. (Again 3M Chennai guys always do this value-add) He said no sir, that wont be covered in this treatment. I said Thank you, and please give me the wash alone then! I do not want tar spots sitting on the paint surface below a layer of wax! Neither do I want to blow 4k on a paint-sealant treatment just for tar spots, car already has the 'paint-sealant' done.

I wait, while I meet few BHPians and have a chat. Later, Sidhu arrived and we all were having a chat while car was ready.

The body is clean and glossy due to the nature of the shade and wash, I was happy initially. But then, I noticed the tyre sidewalls still had some muck. Sidhu noticed it after I paid up and he promptly deployed a guy to take care of those.

Now after I come and park at home, am disappointed to see the quality of work. Half-baked. A bug-splatter still remains on the ORVM, the wheel arches are not even cleaned properly. Wonder how the under-chassis is.

This is my first experience at 3M HSR and am mighty disappointed. I was always happy with Dushy at Chennai. I was the same demanding customer and expectations were met.

This kind of shoddy job is not expected for a 'premium' wash.

I understand most of you have great experiences at this store, but mine wasn't. Sorry.

Am just hoping to get the actual 3M experience the next time I visit them. (Slim chance)

20130916_114857.jpg 20130916_124342.jpg 20130916_124917.jpg 20130916_160751.jpg 20130916_160757.jpg 20130916_160801.jpg 20130916_160805.jpg 20130916_160819.jpg
    4 people like this.